Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Oh SenKat Please HELP!

I am sorry to make a thread to one person but I am depserate!!!

My Pulsar 100 was just working perfectly until it accidently was shone back into itself by bouncing off of a mirror!

Now it is outputting barely 1 mW :'(

Please help Oh RedLaserMaster Senkat!!!

I am 15 and have no way to get enough for a new one

Please Help!

S

SenKat

LOL !

I'll send you directions on sending it back - I MIGHT be able to fix it for you :)

nes_ds

Hey, VV, long time no see.

Next time try Emailing SenKat, he responds really fast, LOL, I don't know what he does for a living, but he's always around his PC ;D

S

SenKat

nes_ds said:
Hey, VV, long time no see.

Next time try Emailing SenKat, he responds really fast, LOL, I don't know what he does for a living, but he's always around his PC ;D

LOL - right now, I do NOTHING for a living ! I am "officially" unemployed as of the 10th of August - I have been on non-working notice since July 11th - Since I ran the IT Security department for the company I worked for, I gather they thought I would get pissed, and destroy the comapny...you know, burn bridges ? LOL Yeah....the IT world is a SMALL community - I would never be able to get work again in the field if I did that crap ! So, yeah - I have LOTS of spare time right now :)

this sounds like it sucks.... however i am curious as to whats happened to the laser.... how would it be damaged?

Daedal

The reflected ray is HOT... the crystal doesn't like excessive heat... this simply induces COD... suck a bad way to kill a laser too :(

GL;
DDL

Yea.. that was a bad idea... similar to "any" transmitter... Ham, CB, or whatever.. if the antenna isn't tuned properly and some of the signal get reflected back to the final transmitter instead of going out the antenna, it fries the final transmitter...

Lasers are a transmitter too... just a very high frequency....

If Senkat fixes it... just note that it was not a "defective" laser... I bet any would fry with a reflected signal straight back into itself.

S

SenKat

Vital Viper - I received your Pulsar today, and will be cracking it open to work on it this weekend ! :)