Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Oh hi there

Hi.
I am from Australia.
I currently have a 30mW true laser (purchased from DX)
I currently have (on it's way) a 200mW red laser (from DX). I sent the first one back for the lens was scratched or something, on the most focussed point i had a small dot with about 1m of blotchy red around it from 2m away.

I want to build my own laser someday too, if I can be screwed.

caleb

el-taco, can you tell me what happens to your laser if it doesn't come by july 1. also, i realy wanted to buy this http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.7883 for use on my telescope as it would not be affected by the cold temp. thats a good reason so how do i get it in?
this question is more deirected as the pro's and murudai.

caleb said:
this question is more deirected as the pro's and murudai.

I ain't a pro, just a noob with a high post count ;D

But as for your question, the permit system isn't really set up yet. Some of us have tried to find out what's going on, but it seems to be a real mess at the moment. Nothing is really laid out and the systems aren't in place.

So at the moment we're just waiting to see what happens.

I'd suggest just ordering the laser anyway. No one in Australia is yet to have a customs problem as far as I'm aware. I reckon 2 weeks is enough time for the order to pass customs. If you're worried you could just ship it EMS. Costs more but it's much quicker :)

Plus DX tend to be subtle about their shipping anyway. So I don't think you'd have any problems even with the ban.

Yes, I was surprised when my "light pen" came with my "novelty flame emitter (empty)" which was my 30mW true and my jet lighter with flick knife wihch was full of fuel.

caleb

el-taco said:
Yes, I was surprised when my "light pen" came with my "novelty flame emitter (empty)" which was my 30mW true and my jet lighter with flick knife wihch was full of fuel.
nice!