Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

o-like safety glasses

^^^You realize of course that the green laser also produces at least some IR, which your goggles did not block?

Goggles are the last line of defense. Just because you have them on, does not mean you can treat the laser with any less caution.

The O-Like T-Rex goggles for 405nm,450nm,473nm,532nm and these for 590-780nm are very worse, no doubt.

I made a test With a 155mW 660nm laser and the 590-780nm goggles, just to see how bad they are, and let pass through 6mW, (measured with my LPM).

very bad as I expected.

With this single test, this goggles is just an OD of 1.4 (Aprox), but the worst is that they advertise at OD+5, OD+6 (incredible)

Imagine if instead of 155mW, was one of 300mW or more, accidental direct impact of the beam.

ARG

I own both the red blocking and the blue/green blocking goggles and they are junk. Not the advertised OD 5+. If you own them or have bought them, invest in a proper pair of goggles now.

Best to just buy OEM Goggles. Can't go wrong with them.