Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

O-like OLNG350 350mw 532nm

You shouldn't try to fix it by yourself. Contact Susie and demand RMA.

@plexus
Thanks for your feedback!

Unfortunately, I do not have the means and knowledge to take the IR filtered 450mW 532nm Green apart in order to fix it by myself.
Also, it appears to me that the driver is "glued" on both edges to the barrel in order to keep stable. If you magnify my pictures you might be able to see right next to the resistor and on the opposite corner a tiny drop of glue-like substance.
I highly doubt I can do anything about it.
I try to write to Susie @ O-like again.

You shouldn't try to fix it by yourself. Contact Susie and demand RMA.

You know what's funny?
Susie wrote me back the following regarding my O-like "Real 1W 445nm Blue Laser torch."
I can see that the spring is not off already ,You can find a EVA foam pad to fix it.

In my 1W 445nm Blue the spring is still in place however I'm worrying that it might end up just like the 450mW 532nm Green, seen on my pictures.
How am i supposed to give support to that spring in the 1W 445nm Blue with EVA foam?
I have never done such a thing like that.

This is the O-like "Real 1W 445nm Blue Laser torch" inside:As you can see---> there is no support around the spring at all. :(
1WBlue1640x480.jpg

She has not responded to my concerns regarding the broken off spring of the O-like IR filtered 450mW 532nm Green laser torch.
I'm going to write her again.

Last edited:
@SteveIsNowHere
In regards to the 1W 445nm.....
She wants you to cut the foam to fit tight around the spring inside the host giving it added support.
I have several pen lasers that have the spring coming up and out through the foam and they really help.
But I do understand that you don't know how to take the host apart.

The 450mW 532nm Green looks to me like a simple soldering job, although I am no expert.
If Susie won't fix this and you don't feel comfortable doing it yourself, i'm sure
there are plenty of builders here who would do it for you for a minimal charge.
You could take care of both your lasers that way in a jiffy.

@Moebius

:)

I just wrote another e-mail to Susie. If O-like technicians will not help then I'm gonna return for help to the forum members and pay for it.
(It is a shame that O-like releases lasers with such a flimsy "support" around the spring.)

@Moebius

:)

I just wrote another e-mail to Susie. If O-like technicians will not help then I'm gonna return for help to the forum members and pay for it.
(It is a shame that O-like releases lasers with such a flimsy "support" around the spring.)

Please keep us posted. I hope you get it fixed for you with out havening to spend to much more $$

When you email O-like regarding buying a laser, they respond immediately :scowl:.

Their attitude regarding support, as described, is simply outrageous! If they keep behaving like that, they will soon lose their reputation.

I am considering buying two lasers from them, but in view of their attitude I will reconsider.

And to you SteveIsNowHere I say, don't give up and demand your right for support and service from O-like, as they promise a warranty in their website. And if they keep not responding to your emails, tell them that you will share your bad experience with them on the LPF. I am quit sure that after that, they will send you a new laser for free.

You don't have to spend more money for fixing a laser that you have already paid good money for.

Susie takes 2 days to a week (in my experience) to respond to help or support questions. When asking questions about a laser for research on what to buy or whatever, she responds within 24 hours. She will respond eventually though; just give her time. And yes, tell her that you are a member of lpf and you will spread your opinion about O-like's customer service based on how well everything is taken care of.

Thank you for all of you for the heads-up feedback! :)

I have sent already 3 e-mails to Susie/O-like about this issue. Now, I'm gonna wait for a week then I decide what to do.
I hope it will turn out on a positive way...

I really like their products, and despite this lemon I'm still considering ordering from them several items. (I just got a bit excited about their 400mW 405nm blue-ray laser.)

plexus

UPDATED: added 15 min run power graph showing 7.5 mins to stabilize.

UPDATED: added 15 min run power graph showing 7.5 mins to stabilize.

My question might sound silly (I'm a newbie):
Have you run during test the 350mW laser continuously for 15 minutes?
Or you run for 100 sec on, 60 sec off and so on for 15 min?

plexus

^ yes i ran the laser for 15 minutes continuously except in the places on the graphs where the power goes down to 0 which is where i turned it off to do duty cycle tests.

the specs from o-like say 100s on, 60s off. this is their recommended duty cycle to ensure longevity of the laser. however, with an LPM it is possible to see if/when the laser is going faulty (usually due to excessive heat). i felt confident that this laser could do better in terms of duty cycle because of the beefy heat sink and apparently larger crystals. i was right, as the graphs show. after 15 mins the laser was quite warm however but it seems to be able to dissipate enough heat to keep the crystals churning out power.

Hi plexus!

I'm speechless! 15 min! Wow! :)
I have the 450mW 532 from O-like, however the spring broke off from the circuit board and I'm still waiting a feedback from Susie in order to fix it.
So it means the 450mW 532 could also run for a "bit" more than the recommended 100 sec. Good to know! ;)

yes, that chart that says warm up in the title is from cold to 15 mins without turning it off. the 450mw version will of course run hotter. also there may be variances in the manufacturing and so where one laser might be fine for extended periods another might die after a short time. this is not unseen with cheaper lasers likes these.

Yes, I'm aware of that my 450mW 532 will run hotter, but I'm not planning to run for more than a few minutes. (Max. 2-3 min.) The O-like 350mW and the 450mW are basically the same. They have the same host however there is a 100mW difference in the output. It's just good to know that because of the large heat sink it can be run for somewhat more than the recommended 100 sec.

plexus

Today I received a laboratory quality IR filter in the mail. This filter passes 400-700nm at >95% and blocks anything above 750nm down to 0.05%. This is the kind of true IR filter needed to accurately measure IR output of these DPSS lasers. I will report my findings later tonight! (and also compare to using photography IR filters to see if they are an accurate way to measure IR or not).