Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

O-like, lazerer, bugetgadgets?

joe747

Can i use sun glasses in the meantime to protect me from reflected light? Like if im shining the laser at an object and want to look at it.

Sun glasses will not protect you at all from the laser. They don't have a high enough OD rating to be even considered as "laser protection". The best thing I can suggest is limit the use of your laser to times when it is necessarily and exercise caution while using it such as avoiding reflective or refractive surfaces, don't point it down hallways or door frames where a person might walk and get injured faster than you can react to prevent it. The majority of the high powered lasers out there are in the Blue, Violet, and Green ranges so more effort on the forum has been directed at finding ample protection from them, and I do not know of any low cost yet effective red goggles at this moment. If I do happen upon some I will be sure to let you know :beer:.