Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

O-like laser advice

Aedus

Hey everyone, I'm new here and I've been reading through the forums/stickies to determine a new laser I'd like to buy for myself (Apart from the crappy 5mW jobbies)

I was going to go with Laserer but they seem to be out of stock of the one I'm interested in (RIFLE532nm - 100mW Focusable Burning Green Laser) so I want to try o-like instead. The reason for the thread is simply that there's 2 lasers which are very similar price but 1 is a "torch" and the other isn't. These are the 2 I am looking at:
Power Rock Green laser Torch 100mW /Focusable&Waterproof [OL-PRGL100] - $72.99 : Zen Cart!, The Art of E-commerce
Sharp High Power Green laser 100mW /Waterproof/focusable [OL-WG-100] - $75.99 : Zen Cart!, The Art of E-commerce

Is there any major differences between the 2? (Just wondering why 1 is classed as "Torch" and the other is not), and which would you recommend?

Also is there any other sites I should check out before I place an order? (I'm interested in lasers with "different" looking hosts.)

Thanks for any help.

Last edited:

The only difference between those two is the host - casing - the module in them is identical.

should have waited for the rifle :p
the power rock is an excellent choice as well
i own both of them :)

Aedus

I'm glad to hear that this 1 is also good. I think it's out for delivery today, but since I ordered through DHL they don't include the battery to go with it :undecided:

Does it have to be a specific battery in it? On the website it lists that the battery is a 18650 lithium battery, so I assume I have to find 1 of those to buy? Any mAh, or should I find the highest possible?

My experience with O-Like has NOT been positive! So far they show my first order as paid twice and my second as being two orders (same item,date). So far nothing shipped and no response to inquiries. Does not seem to be a customer friendly business. It will be a verrrry long time before I order from this place again! Or...maybe Im just the lucky one.

My o-like experience has not gone well either.
I received one that did not work, and now it's the waiting game to get a new module shipped to me so I can fix it. Kind of a pain in the but!
I hope yours arrives working. I have herd of others that just received there lasers from them with no trouble. But as for me, I will not buy from them again.

I own a power rock and I am very impressed! Hope it all turns out well! :)