Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

O-like "Cute" 250mW 650nm Red Laser Review (OL-CR-250)

Which model is yours? Mine fit inside its packaging because the packaging was made for the cute style lasers.

ah no I meant my asky 200mW green I got recently from gadgettown, seems like they just threw it in any old box.. glad it still works.

Re: O-like "Cute" 300mW 650nm Red Laser Review (OL-CR-250)

hey just wondering but how did you get the head of this cute laser off becasue ive tried but you know i dont want to try too hard and break it.. i just need to know does it twist or just pull off what?? thanks for the help and also after i recharged the battery the laser seem like its putting out 5mw its really dimm and i dunno if its the diode, chip or battery thats causing it.. any way looking forward to your reply and other than the dimming this is a damn fine laser

hey just wondering but how did you get the head of this cute laser off becasue ive tried but you know i dont want to try too hard and break it.. i just need to know does it twist or just pull off what?? thanks for the help and also after i recharged the battery the laser seem like its putting out 5mw its really dimm and i dunno if its the diode, chip or battery thats causing it.. any way looking forward to your reply and other than the dimming this is a damn fine laser

Sorry it took me a few days to respond. I've been gone for a week or so because my computer died and I've been setting up this new one that I just bought Wednesday. :D
It just twists off. The first time you take it off is the hardest. (insert perverted joke here haha). Just twist it counter-clockwise.
If it is burning things when you use it, then most likely nothing is wrong with it. If you are comparing how bright it is to something like a green laser, then it won't be nearly as bright because our eyes aren't as sensitive to 650nm light as they are to 532nm light.

sweet thanks man i just wanted to know how to take off the head part and no im not comparing to brightness, im not as u say a laser noob, haha but its ill very dim, 5mw laser is 10x brighter. it was charged when i got it and it was burning the shit out of stuff but after i charged it, it seems to be very dull like i can barely see it when i point it at the wall but the battery is fine so im guessing something happened on the chip or might even bee the diode.. dunno haha ill try figure it out. thanks for the help. :)

i finally got it open and was playing around with the chip and diode and i think it is the chip that is the problem.. the laser lookes like the battery is dead its very dull and faint but the battery is fully charged. so really dunno what to do. it think ill just buy one of those flex drives and while im at it a blu-ray diode too :) and use this laser as a host

i finally got it open and was playing around with the chip and diode and i think it is the chip that is the problem.. the laser lookes like the battery is dead its very dull and faint but the battery is fully charged. so really dunno what to do. it think ill just buy one of those flex drives and while im at it a blu-ray diode too :) and use this laser as a host

Your diode may have died. That's what mine did so I sent it back for a replacement with DHL shipping. I sent it early January so they should have received it by now... hmmm... where is my new one? lol
Try checking the current that the chip is drawing from the battery. If it is pulling very low mA, then it could be the chip. If it is pulling like 300mA (don't know how much it is supposed to pull when working fine so I'm guessing) then it is probably a dead diode.

sweet thxs dude that helps ill just send it back and get a new one.. how do i do that.. ? just send susie a mail or what??

sweet thxs dude that helps ill just send it back and get a new one.. how do i do that.. ? just send susie a mail or what??

Yes, send Susie an email explaining the problem and ask if you can return it for a replacement. She should message you back with the address and other general information you may need. Ask her if you need to send the battery and/or charger back too; I didn't need to because only the laser was bad (saves money on shipping costs).
I sent mine awhile ago (I think early-mid January)... They should have it by now and they said they would email me when it arrived and sent the new one out... Still haven't heard anything though. A little worrying since I paid extra for them to ship the new one out with the extra fast DHL shipping. I hope they didn't forget to use the fast shipping and that it actually got there... I hate waiting anxiety lol. It will probably take about one and a half months though for you to get a replacement though.

ijust got mine in today and i lovve itand howlong do u charge it 4 it doesnt giv u any info

ijust got mine in today and i lovve itand howlong do u charge it 4 it doesnt giv u any info

until the light on the charger is green. usually it takes a few hours (or less)

Last edited:
lol /envy-mode. yeah be good to see more of it's burning power, or another nigh time outside vid if you're somewhere with a little less light pollution.

I set my 200mW green beaming out the bathroom window last night then went for a walk to see how it looked, when I got back my neighbour [an old guy] was craning his head looking at where the beam was coming from.

I am sorry but that is some funny s... :yh:

plexus

Here are two Kenometer Pro LPM plots of my OL-CR-250. this is the 250mW version (not the 300mW version). The first plot is 120 s in duration from the start using a freshly charged CR123A. It held >250mw for about 10 s and then dropped from there.

The second graph is a 120 s run off the same battery after about a 2 min rest. Really you are going to get about an average of 160-170mW out of these. the 250mW rating is clearly the peak rating. but as the battery depletes so does the power output.

Looks like they are using a linear driver (unfortunately). But, its still a fun laser. the host and focusing mechanism are very nice. I think this is a good value for ~$55US.

O-like%20OL-CR-250a.png

O-like%20OL-CR-250b.png