Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

O-Like Anti Red Goggles Review - DO NOT BUY

^ With a 3-4mm beam diameter as I make the test, do not melt, but if you focus on a small point +/- 1mm,
yes it melts the plastic, and imagine that they are only 155mW, this are really crappy goggles, mine for at least.

As soon as I invest in some proper red goggles, I'll test out the o-likes I have properly. Considering my two reds are both over 250mW though.... if mine perform the same as yours they are NOT to be trusted.

Maybe you have more lucky with your goggles than me, and yours are better :D

...and that why I own a set of certified goggles. :whistle:

ARG - Blu Ray, Argon, Blue, KTP [NR-ARG-EN207] - $80.50

They dont protect against red, but then again I dont own any red lasers.

They don't offer any protection against IR... I don't burn with my green lasers, but even so, imho that is a major downside.

I wonder if anyone tested the eagle pair that block for IR as well, for $48 it seems like a very good option.

I don't recall where I got these, it may have been alibaba or aliexpress. But they are the T-Rex goggles. I ran some tests on them just to compare.

First, my 635nm RHD build turning out nearly 700mW with a Jayrob 650 G-1 lens.

Untitled by tsteele93, on Flickr

And now shining through the goggles...

Zero, zilch, zip, nada.

I also have an o-like 250mW burner. Well, almost 250mW...

Interestingly, this is 650 or 660nm. I think it is 660nm. It had a very visible dot on the other side of the glasses. But still no power getting through. I think the 1mW may have just been drift off of zero.