Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

O-like 50mW Power Rock + O-like experience

Today I will be reviewing the 50mW 532nm O-like Power Rock handheld laser. This is my first real laser (I have glasses before anyone asks) besides some cheap red pointers, but I don't really count those.

I'll start off talking about the order process and shipping. I contacted Susie via email asking to order via PayPal. She responded after a day and said she would send me an invoice. She sent it to me a couple hours later that day. I paid it and then asked her when I should expect the laser to ship. She replied saying it would ship the day after tomorrow (which would be a monday). I emailed her on tuesday asking for the tracking number and she got back to me the same day with it. I waited 9 days, and then found a pink slip in my mailbox. I looked at it and it was a form saying a signature was required, so I just scheduled a redelivery for the next day, and I waited for the mailman to arrive. I got my laser without any problems.

It came inside of a white envelope padded with bubble wrap. Inside of the envelope was a camoflauge ultrafire belt case with the laser inside of it. There was also a charger with chinese characters on what I presumed were the warning labels, but the charger seems fine. It also came with one pinkish colored 18650 batter with no markings other than 0J6A5, with 00281 right below that. On the negative end it very faintly says 60J5V4.

The host is about 6 inches long (~14.5cm) and has a nice black finish to it. The aluminum host is very durable and arrived with no scratches or signs of damage. I charged the battery up, and it eventually hit green on the charger. That's when I started to actually use it. The beam is very clean and comes out of the host perfectly straight from what I can tell. I have no LPM so I don't know if it's really 50mW or not, but I did manage to pop a red balloon with it, so I assume it not's too far off the mark. The beam is visible during the day, but not in direct light. In a dark room or at night the beam looks awesomely bright and is a bright emerald green.

So here is the part you have been waiting for, the pictures. :D
Pics + Beamshots - Click here

vFvUdh.jpg

GIt6xh.jpg

hEA5ah.jpg

SixgMh.jpg

deUruh.jpg

The laser is at the far end pointing towards the camera here.

zJ6e4h.jpg

Laser is also pointing towards the camera here.

wc1xEh.jpg

dadLSh.jpg

dgjDah.jpg

Final thoughts:
Shipping 9/10 - I should have been told that I needed to sign for it, but it worked out fine anyways.
Customer Service 9.5/10 - Only 9.5 because I had to ask for a tracking number, response times were reasonable and there were no problems
Quality 10/10 - laser is sturdier than I expected as is the belt case.
Overall rating for O-like and my laser - 9.5 out of 10.

O-like may have some issues, but luckily I did not have any problems what so ever, and my laser arrived quickly and untouched.

Last edited:

ped

You should integrate the pictures into your post.

Cel

Good review. I like the last picture :tinfoil:

Good review. I like the last picture :tinfoil:

Thank you. If anyone has any suggestions for camera settings or tips for laser photography I would love to be pointed in the right direction. I just used a cheap canon a2200 and turned on the macro setting in auto mode.

Neily

Great review.These pictures of lasers are nice.But you can give some cooler pictures.I used to see a very shocking laser picture but chouldn't find it any more.

Great review.These pictures of lasers are nice.But you can give some cooler pictures.I used to see a very shocking laser picture but chouldn't find it any more.

What exactly would you like to see? Different beamshots? If you have anything specific you want to see I will take some more pics.