Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

O-like 250mw?

AMN

So, I was looking on O-like for a red laser and came across this:
Cute High power 250mW red laser torch/focusable [OL-CRL-250] - $54.99 : Welcome to O-Like.com, Your source for laser products

I love the host! But I'm not sure if it actually outputs 250mw. Even for a 200mw it's a good price. But just wondering.
I'm thinking I might order one and review it for everyone.
But I don't have a LPM so I won't be able to provide an LPM reading. :(

So .. post whether or not you think it is actually 250mw of 650nm light outputted from that laser. :D

:thanks:

AMN

Thanks for your input everybody!
I think I'll be ordering one soon. =)

I have the laser, and an LPM on the way. I'll post what mine actually puts out as soon as my laserbee arrives :)

I am kind of disappointed by the beam... or lack there of, but the laser does burn and lights matches, so without LPM result I don't want to make any judgments about it. I just wanted to recreate that red laser beam from the movies :D and without fog that's not really happening.

They're actually around 662nm, so that doesn't help with visibility. The beam is ~4mm instead of the ~1mm of a green pointer so the power density is like 1/15th that of an equally powered green... and then there's that Raleigh scattering stuff.

They're actually around 662nm, so that doesn't help with visibility. The beam is ~4mm instead of the ~1mm of a green pointer so the power density is like 1/15th that of an equally powered green... and then there's that Raleigh scattering stuff.

That's a shame. Well, since I'm more into beams I'm gonna stick to 445nm and 532nm anyway.

I was kind of disappointed when I got it though... That is until I learned that all the videos are made with fog/smoke.