Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

O-like 1W Power Rock

Nice review! You are good at commentary. Should post a video of the laser burning stuff and the beam. By the way you have a very nice camera.

Nice review! You are good at commentary. Should post a video of the laser burning stuff and the beam. By the way you have a very nice camera.

Thanks! I will post some burning videos tomorrow.

Edit:

I just could not wait. Sorry for the long fail at the beginning of the video.

Last edited:

ed69

I just got my first 445 laser! It is smaller than I thought, but, I think the duty cycle is probably about 60 seconds maximum. It is O-mazing! I will post a review and pictures latter.
UPDATE:
READ 5th POST.

I got the 1W tactical blue laser a few days ago and it's great.

I got the 1W tactical blue laser a few days ago and it's great.

That one has a bigger heat sink than mine, which gives yours a longer duty cycle, so, very nice find.

Also here are some underwater shots.

Attachments

• IMG_0307.jpg
    IMG_0307.jpg
    75.6 KB · Views: 334
  • IMG_0308.jpg
    IMG_0308.jpg
    72.7 KB · Views: 233
Last edited:
Nice, I would of been so scared to put it underwater for the first time :p. To bad the beam is not visible because its too bright.

Nice, I would of been so scared to put it underwater for the first time :p. To bad the beam is not visible because its too bright.

It was a bit nerve wracking, but I realized how fast it got here, so if I needed to do an exchange, I could deal with it. And yah, the sink is just a little small for the beam to show. More updates coming soon. :D

I would be careful about the duty cycle... the heatsink is probably a rather small piece of brass, and there is a chance it doesn't transfer heat well to the host.

About putting in under water... make sure that if you have it for a while you oil the o-rings and threads before trying to put it under water again.

I would be careful about the duty cycle... the heatsink is probably a rather small piece of brass, and there is a chance it doesn't transfer heat well to the host.

About putting in under water... make sure that if you have it for a while you oil the o-rings and threads before trying to put it under water again.

Thanks. I had no idea about the o-rings. And as for the heat sink, I took off the top focusing part (pain in the butt to get back on) and kept my finger on the brass heat sink and it got warm after about 45 seconds.