Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

O-like 1W Power Rock

I just got my first 445 laser! It is smaller than I thought, but, I think the duty cycle is probably about 60 seconds maximum. It is O-mazing! I will post a review and pictures latter.
UPDATE:
READ 5th POST.

Last edited:

Just finished testing with it. It works great. It is very bright (well as bright as I can see through the safety glasses) but on the camera it's very bright. It looks like a mini light-saber, and looks like one in the sky too. It not only lights candles, matches (the hard way, and without focusing it), and it cuts right through electrical tape (when focused, but slower when not), and it out-shines the arctic (from what I can tell from pictures of mine and pictures of others on the web), it is by far the best laser I have ever owned. It also has a 60 second duty cycle and you can request a protected battery for no extra charge. It only took 2 weeks total from ordering, to in my hands. I would recommend it to anyone. :)

Sounds like a great laser. Im glad shipping was quick and it was up to spec (or at least sounds like it). Im guessing you don't have a Lpm, right? Have you tried using it underwater yet?

No I do not. And no I did not try it underwater, but it is raining a TON right now and I just took it out in the rain for 5 minuets, on and off, and had not problems . so I would say, yes, it's water proof. :)

Sure here you go.

Attachments

• IMG_0302.JPG
    IMG_0302.JPG
    109 KB · Views: 276
  • IMG_0303.JPG
    IMG_0303.JPG
    150.1 KB · Views: 362
  • IMG_0304.JPG
    IMG_0304.JPG
    113.8 KB · Views: 273
  • IMG_0305.JPG
    IMG_0305.JPG
    111 KB · Views: 316
Nice beam pictures. I cant wait until I get a 445nm hopefully some time next week. Have you done any burning? Doesn't look like it comes with glasses, make sure you get some glasses to use indoors especially for burning.

These would work, and they would also work for any green laser you may buy in the future.

Beginner Safety Goggles for 532nm / 445nm Laser

Very nice photos, and yeah, I gotta agree with Haloid, usually I bend the rules with safety goggles but with these new 1W 445's I always wear goggles when burning, or using at close range indoors.

Yep I do have saftey goggles, I agree with bot of you, they are definitely a necessity. yes I have already done lots of burning with it. The focusing part works great for that. oh and also I did not have a fully charged battery for the beam shots.

Last edited:
Yep I do have saftey goggles, I agree with bot of you, they are definitely a necessity. yes I have already done lots of burning with it. The focusing part works great for that. oh and also I did not have a fully charged battery for the beam shots.

And the beam sill looked very clear. If you ever try your laser in a sink or something like that take a picture. :san:

I sure will. I am also posting a review on YouTube this afternoon, when
Posted I will share the link.

Nice, I once made a watering jug out of a red solo cup by melting lots of little holes in the bottom with my arctic. :)