Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

Laser Pointer Store

NOVA x-25 for daddy overkill?

Hello people, I read somewhere on this forum that NOVA lasers was having up to 70 % sale on it's lasers. I immediately got interested and bought an X-25 laser that I will present to my dad as a gift. I remember he asked me if he could borrow my old chinese green pointer, but I was too obsessed with it to actually lend it to him hehe. So i thought it would be a nice gift idea to hang onto until christmas so that he could use it in presentations etc...
I originally wanted to get the X-15, but since it was out of stock, I decided to go for the X-25 instead and placed an order already. Would this laser be a overkill for my father's uses? Does anyone know if he would appreciate such a gift? The only reason i got him this is because of the huge price drops and I really wish I had more money to spend on the X-150 this month! Hope they keep their prices this low until I get myself some extra cash...
Thanks guys!

Dimitri

RA_pierce

The sale goes till the 8th of September.

I think an X25 will be perfect.

Asa

Might be too much for presentations, but it'll certainly be fun for him! And, as stated, educate him.

The sale goes till the 8th of September.

I think an X25 will be perfect.
That's really too bad... Oh well, at least I go something for half the retail price it used to be before so I'm all good! I just hope he'll actually use it and now just keep it in his drawer at home!

Remember that, being as awesome as NOVA is, it could very well be overspec :eek:
Yeah, I expect it to be at least around 30-40 mW. It's good they provide a piece of paper that states the average output and the peak output so one can know what they've paid for without needing a LPM to find the power values.