Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Nova Purchase...

Ace82

Well I made the purchase, bought 6 front surface mirror (round) 25mm, and a x-75  :D Paid for $30 fast delivery on Sunday, got it today.  :D

I heard so many good things about Nova...

-The packaging was poor; one sheet of small bubble rap, a cardboard box nesting the laser, and a smaller box holding 6 square mirrors!  The mirrors had the freedom in the box to shift easily, as did the laser.  :-? But the box had a HUGE red "FRAGILE" label on it, it was hand delivered, and the box showed no sign of stress.

-The first thing I did was check out the x-75, of coarse, which was labeled with the output power on the box, and came with a nice typed out personalized instruction manual with power rating (94mW peak, 89mW average), date (8/18/08) and serial number.  I didn't pay the extra for the awesome metal case because I have a few extra cloth ones laying around from perished DX wish lasers.
I like the feel of the laser, the button operates nicely and both front and rear caps unscrew easily and nicely.  I am disappointed with the label, VERY general saying 473nm - 671nm class IIIB laser product, MAX POWER <500mW OEM LASER COMPONENT.  The power output is stable, and very powerful.  It easily burns my skin, and melts black plastic.  The beam shoots out of the aperture noticeably to the upper left and not straight with the pen, but that's no biggie.  The dot is nice and clean, but there is some dust on the lens making a tiny bit of "spackle" or "particles" around the dot only noticeable when the dot is being absorbed, not being camouflaged by reflection spread.  The divergence is significantly worse then my RPL, as it is focused very fine up close and about the size of a quarter 30' away.

I guess they must not have had the round mirrors in stock, so they gave me the large square ones.  I was going to use them for my spiral graph.  They are still really cool and I'll make some mounts for them and set up my room with all kinds beams (with red 5mW only of coarse ;)), so I'm not going to fuss.  Just going to have to rip apart my newly born broken laptop harddrive for spiral graph...

Overall I am content with this purchase.  Nothing spectacular, but nothing worth epic failure either.  Not sure if I would buy from them again though... I think I'm going to contact them just to see what they say about the miss-match mirrors, but overall I have no wishes of complaining or RMAing, just curious of what they'll say.

they come from CNI with that <500mW label. dont bother changing it i guess. did it have the "not FDA approved" label as well? also that is the CNI laser box too lol nova doesnt change a thing!

Ace82

Didn't notice the anti-FDA label on the box, but there's not one on the laser for sure.

Also, I haven't yet had the chance to contact them regarding the mirrors, but I'd like to hear what they say.

seems pretty half assed.

its not hard to do a little higher quality on the shipping!

Ace82

I would like to say that after a couple days of use, this is by far my favorite laser pointer ever. It's much brighter then my perished DX 150 that I can remember, and is a very nice pointer. I am very satisfied with the laser. :) I notice that it warms up if I use it for a while, but that's expected and I'm very cautious about the duty cycle. I love it! :D

Ace82

So I hit them up about the mirrors and I just got their response:

Dear Casey,

I'm sorry to hear that you were shipped the wrong product.

We will ship the correct round mirrors to you with standard airmail and these should arrive within 4-7 business days.

Thank you for notifying us of our error and please go ahead and keep the square mirrors.

Best Regards.

Magdalena Gudzowska,
Sales Director
NOVALASERS.COM

That's great! They have defiantly satisfied me! :cool: