Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Nova lasers used to make Red and Blue lasers

I was searching through stupid videos on youtube and found a Nova Lasers promotional video with a Blue and high powered red pointers
Did Nova Lasers make blue and red pointers before?
Why did they stop? :-/

-http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vwCbFPZ9wbY&feature=related-

Well they have never made a laser. Nova is a distributor, as is LaserGlow, as is Opto, and even the company I work for distributes lasers, although we do custom build work but not for enthusiasts.

Nova never has sold red lasers, they sell (or did sell) blue lasers though. They are affiliated with Laserglow so some of the blue and red lasers in the video could have been from Laserglow.

styropyro said:
Nova never has sold red lasers, they sell (or did sell) blue lasers though. They are affiliated with Laserglow so some of the blue and red lasers in the video could have been from Laserglow.
That makes sense, it's too bad they don't sell blue lasers now

by affiliated you mean that both Nova and Laserglow are owned by the same people?

Peoples_Elmo said:
[quote author=styropyro link=1212367044/0#3 date=1212368656]Nova never has sold red lasers, they sell (or did sell) blue lasers though. They are affiliated with Laserglow so some of the blue and red lasers in the video could have been from Laserglow.
That makes sense, it's too bad they don't sell blue lasers now

by affiliated you mean that both Nova and Laserglow are owned by the same people?[/quote]
I don't exactly know what they mean by affiliated either, but I know the companies are closely related.

Im pretty sure NovaLasers = LaserGlow, just different products but mainly owned by the same people.

spyrorocks said:
Im pretty sure NovaLasers = LaserGlow, just different products but mainly owned by the same people.
That's what I am thinking, but I don't want to make a wrong assumption and have Justin bunk me across the Head with a Hercules!

ixfd64

NOVAlasers used to list blue lasers on its website, but they were removed some time ago.

Nova split off of LG in some form or fashion. Last I heard they were working very closely together. I dunno if they're legally the same entity under singular ownership, but for all intents and purposes you can think of them as the same.