Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Nova Lasers Optics Assortment Product Review

S

SenKat

I received a HUGE assortment of Optics from Nova Lasers !  This thread will be touching base on their Diffraction Gratings.  Diffraction Gratings have different designs etched into the Grating - allowing the results to be seen when you shine a laser through them.  The resuts can be truly spectacular, as you are about to see !  Completely insane is the way I would describe these - they are custom fitted into a small cap, which sides easily over the Optics holer from Nova Lasers.  The assortment I received was HUGE, so I will be posting lots of pictures in this thread, and some pretty cool videos as well.  This Grating is similiar to a line generator, but has pin points of light along the line. Without further ado - here is one of the gratings.

Attachments

• IMG_1867M.JPG
    IMG_1867M.JPG
    40.1 KB · Views: 248

S

SenKat

This one looks kinda like the Death Star !

Attachments

• IMG_1872M.JPG
    IMG_1872M.JPG
    36.5 KB · Views: 231
S

SenKat

Here's the same Grating, but I was moving it a bit !

Attachments

• IMG_1874M.JPG
    IMG_1874M.JPG
    28.8 KB · Views: 241
S

SenKat

This one is a BRIGHT star !

Attachments

• IMG_1875M.JPG
    IMG_1875M.JPG
    21.2 KB · Views: 199
S

SenKat

A Cloverleaf type of picture in the middle of a field of stars !

Attachments

• IMG_1877M.JPG
    IMG_1877M.JPG
    32.6 KB · Views: 240
S

SenKat

Same Grating, with some movement...

Attachments

• IMG_1882M.JPG
    IMG_1882M.JPG
    56.3 KB · Views: 210
S

SenKat

Squarish pattern - some smoke blown in to see the trails of the beams...

Attachments

• IMG_1886M.JPG
    IMG_1886M.JPG
    31.2 KB · Views: 769
S

SenKat

Another Death Star looking one - with a tiny bit of smoke !

Attachments

• IMG_1889M.JPG
    IMG_1889M.JPG
    32.9 KB · Views: 477
S

SenKat

A "Field of Stars " !!! This one has a box highlighted in the middle....

Attachments

• IMG_1892M.JPG
    IMG_1892M.JPG
    28 KB · Views: 457
S

SenKat

Same Field of stars, with a little bit of smoke !

Attachments

• IMG_1893M.JPG
    IMG_1893M.JPG
    30.9 KB · Views: 216
S

SenKat

Larger view of the starfield !

Attachments

• IMG_1895M.JPG
    IMG_1895M.JPG
    39.4 KB · Views: 282
S

SenKat

Spinning starfield ! Wooo-hooo !

Attachments

• IMG_1897M.JPG
    IMG_1897M.JPG
    74.7 KB · Views: 234
S

SenKat

Here's a couple of videos using the same gratings, but FOG enhanced !

http://stonetek.org/Nova_Lasers/Gratings/Nova_Diffraction.wmv
http://stonetek.org/Nova_Lasers/Gratings/Nova_Optics.wmv

The second vid shows off their Beam Expander, and their Line generator - two LITTE optics that can be used by means of their lens and accessory holder. The front aperature cap unscrews, and this little tube screws right in there - I will post some pics of it tomorrow !
It has three set screws, to hold whatever optic you have in place - and they are a little bit on the tiny side - you may understand a little bit better in the "outtakes" version - the second video...no editing - okay, a LITTLE bit, but c'mon...

Okay - I am using their stock photo of the lense and accessory holder for the X-series laser !

Attachments

• xserieslensholderwoptics2.jpg
    xserieslensholderwoptics2.jpg
    5.1 KB · Views: 211
S

SenKat

Zander said:
Does the lens holder work with newwish lasers?

No - the NEw Wish are too fat. This lense holder screws into the body of the laser, after you remove the aperature cap. INGENIOUS design ! I love it - I am kepeing it on the front of the laser full time now ! And I am understnading now why there are SO MANY cutouts in the foam insert for the case ! It is so you can carry around all this neat stuff, too ! The difrraction gratings came in a rectangular "tackle box" looking item that stores them all very nicely ! I promise to get some daylight photos tomorrow of all the gear - this is an incredible accessory, folks - If you buy the laser, you had BETTER buy the lense holder, with the optics ! Liquid Sky with no moving parts !

Zander

What if the cap of the newwish laser was removed, so just the part that houses the focuser lens?

S

SenKat

No - it is too big around :( I am POSITIVE with a little bit of modification, you could do it, though...This is such the neat little item !