Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Nova lasers, lately below par?

dingle

I ordered a nova x-100 with some accessories (Who can resist the optics holder....) on the first of december. I paid for second day delivery.

I understand that i am starting to complain because it is just a couple days late, but what has been really bothering me is their service department. I've called the number provided on the website about 10 times, all during their business hours, on different days and different times during their hours. Not once have they answered. I've left several voicemails, none of which were returned.

I wouldn't be writing this if the order was from DX or WL, but nova seems to have a reputation for excellence in service, but I don't see any sign of that now.

So, my question is... is this typical for Nova? Has anyone else experienced this recently? Or previously? This is my first time ordering from them, so I have nothing to compare it to other than what i read, but as of now I would be weary of ordering from them a second time simply due to my inability to talk to anyone from the company

Razako

dingle said:
I ordered a nova x-100 with some accessories (Who can resist the optics holder....) on the first of december. I paid for second day delivery.

I understand that i am starting to complain because it is just a couple days late, but what has been really bothering me is their service department. I've called the number provided on the website about 10 times, all during their business hours, on different days and different times during their hours. Not once have they answered. I've left several voicemails, none of which were returned.

I wouldn't be writing this if the order was from DX or WL, but nova seems to have a reputation for excellence in service, but I don't see any sign of that now.

So, my question is... is this typical for Nova? Has anyone else experienced this recently? Or previously? This is my first time ordering from them, so I have nothing to compare it to other than what i read, but as of now I would be weary of ordering from them a second time simply due to my inability to talk to anyone from the company
That's strange. I used the free airmail shipping on orders over $200 and got my x100 in 8 days. What country do you live in?

dingle

I'm in the USA. Today will be my 5th/6th day with 1-2 day shipping.

I'm not terribly upset with the time it's taking, as i've waited much longer for other items to arrive, but I am kind of skeptical about Nova now because they don't even answer the phone. You have no idea how often i ring them up trying to get an answer.

I simply want confirmation that it was sent out, and when it was sent and if there is any tracking number available.

Hopefully it will just arrive today and I can drop the whole thing, but their lack of response to the multiple voice mails I left is just unforgivable.

Ace82

The company I work for was completely closed from 12/25- 1/4, 11 day vacation! And now I'm back. :'(
haha ;D Anyway, with a company like Nova, I wouldn't doubt that they just took some holiday vacation time. I think you've done enough, just wait it out a few more days, with the market and economy the way it is I wouldn't be suprised if they're taking some time off. I'd bet that they will get back to you and that they will compensate you for your fusterations... They've been great for me and I really have no other ideas as of why they'd change for the worse now. Let's just wait it out and see....keep us posted! ;)

dingle

I just sent a very serious email showing that if they followed all of their advertised policies (including their advertised holiday-caused delay) I would have already had my laser. I didn't use profanity, but pretty much told them that the way they're running their company is completely unprofessional, and that having a phone number is only half the battle, you also need someone to answer it.

This is what i believe, truly, from my experience with them. I understand this isn't normal, and most people are very satisfied when dealing with nova.

Anyways, we'll see if maybe one of the employees checks the emails from his blackberry while he isn't answering the telephone.

That's strange. Now come to think of it, Laserglow hasn't anserwed my past two emails that I sent awhile ago. Also I ordered a Lyra-G5 with 6-12 day shpping, and it's been 15 buisness days and I still don't have it although it could just be beacause a lot of things are shipped around the holidays. Maybe Canada is finnaly cracking down with the laser laws.

dingle

Finally received an email back. They had an excuse for every day the phones weren't answered, and they were all valid excuses. (i still don't think any reputable company should be out of contact for 5 days under any conditions)

Package arrived today, it was sent yesterday. Peak output of 160 mw :O :O :O average 120

Laze On!

artix

Good thing happen to those who wait. ;)

I'm just too impatient!

^^ There are no laser export/import laws here in Canada. [smiley=happy.gif]