Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Nova Lasers Forum Discount !

S

SenKat

Jerico said:
Just a question:
those of you that use Nova lasers as your supplier, have you had any problems with long delivery times?  I've ordered and alpha 105 from them 2 weeks ago, I used the free shipping method, coz they were saying it should take 4 to 7 days.  It's been 2 weeks!  If it don't arrive tomorrow, I'm going to return it to them out of spite and order from Lucent Optics I think.

Jerico

Jerico - you will do what you will do, there is not anything anyone on here can say to change your mind, I am certain. But - go ahead and punish yourself, and order from Lucent. From what I have heard, a 30% customer satisfaction rating is not really all that good :)

Have you tried to call Nova ? I believe they have a toll free number - just a thought. Regardless, do what you want - but you should know (if you do not already know this) that doing stuff out of spite GENERALLY will come back to bite you in the ass more often than not. Just my $.02 Oh, one last thing - their free shipping method is exactly what it is - FREE - it is international Airmail, and if you ask all the members of my various Group buys that are not in the US - ask them how long it takes for international Airmail to reach them - QUITE A WHILE...so, either spend the $20 and get 4-5 day international delivery, or go with teh free shipping and wait like everyone else does - Airmail is right above Parcel Post on the Post offices priority list, as in VERY LOW ! It goes on the truck/plane when there is room, and that is that.

G !

Jerico

The Alpha 105 arrived today, and I think I'll hang on to it, according the the papers it's pumping out 143.7mW peak, and 119.4 average. So yah, I think that's a keeper. The burning power is good, the divergence isn't even close to my Phoenix, but the brightness and overall performance is more than acceptable. Even on Nimh batteries, it will light a match at 4 feet in about 1 second, with Duracell alkaline's it light the match instantly.  I haven't tried a distance greater then 4 feet, but I'm sure it would probably light the match a bit further, perhaps double that distance.  The one major drawback, perhaps not a drawback for some, but I just don't like the 2 second delay. but I guess I can get used to it.

I work 50 hours a week, so when I get some time, maybe this weekend, I'll take some pics if you guys want, but how many pics of lasers can you look at till you've seen them all... LOL

If I were asked to rate this laser device... I could say the alpha 105 from Nova lasers is a quality product, very well made, more than ample safety features (perhaps too many).  The arpeture shutter is an asset to the product, both preventing accidental emission and helping to keep the lens system clean and dust free.  If you are in the market for a laser, the alpha is more than worth the money.  I wouldn't hasitate to buy from Nova Lasers again, except next time I will pay a bit extra for faster delivery.

Regards,

Jerico

Comidt

Hi
Please start a new thread and put on some pics and stuff, I m considering getting this laser, just want to know what's it's like.
A few vids maybe too.
Please! :cool:

kitake

i had bought a 20mw laser from microfiberproducts, i liked it alot but i wanted something stronger so i got an x-125 from nova, it is out of stock so i have to wait for it :(. does anyone know if it is a good laser? i want to get a case for it but i dont know where. is it true i can use a WL dragon case?

S

SenKat

You DEFINITELY can use a dragon case, and it is an excellent laser ! :)

Ashton

Nice pics up there, what amazes me is the car is reflecting the letters, not jsut the beam at any one moment!

I gotta learn to do that once I get my greenie... can you do it with a red too, or is it too dim?

Gazoo

thehacker3 said:
wat if u use warp10, do u get a 10% discount? =P

I wish...but so far my Nova, which I just received today, has been worth it.. ;)

Those pics are amazing man. Nice job and it must be hard to write with a laser when you cant see what you are doing.

jlx87

Hey Senkat can you send me the link for the x105, x85, and x65 with the membership package, thanks

also what would you recommend out of those three, I just need one for stargazing for now

thanks

Without having owned them myself, my feeling is the x65 would be fine for star pointing. The problem comes in the second half of your statement...

"... I just need one for stargazing for now." It's the for now that eventually gets all of us. If you can manage the cost of a x105 now, you know you won't be kicking yourself in a month, wishing you had a >100mw.

Just my 2 cents....

thehacker3 said:
wat if u use warp10, do u get a 10% discount? =P
i'd try warp100 lol
or even better, go for something like warp150, make them pay for your goggles and case and fast shipping and all :D

oh and heres the links.

x-105
x-85
x-65
and the famous x-125