Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

NOVA alignment

eggsy

my x65 has some poor alignment. the laser itself works fine but the projected beam is at quite a noticable angle to the body of the laser. is this common?

no its not
i have never heard that the beam being at an angle is that common but maybe im wrong, just contact nova and see if they will fix it or send u a new one

Gazoo

It is normal as long as the angle is slight. The reason has to do with the way they have to align the crystal with the diode for maximum output if I understood correctly. My X-105 is at a slight angle but I don't really notice it when I am pointing it at things.

How many degrees are we talking? Its normal for a little bit of a slant. The collimating lens sits on an aluminum plate, and it needs to be perfectly centered with the output to get a straight beam. Usually th elens is off center just a tiny bit so the beam gets a little deflected. If the problem is really bad, they may have messed up in which case you'll have to remove and reattach/realign the lens (or get your warranty to do it for you)