Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Nothing special - my first laser video

Wow, that's a lot of mirrors! Nice!
So this is a 5mW green laser? Good visibility!
Lasers are so awesome, all the things you can do with them. Just wait till you'll have more powerful lasers and different colors, just beautiful.

Yeah its 5mW. Me and my brother had gotten 4 or 5 similar ones but this one definetly stands out in terms of visibility. Just for the heck of it I tried using it to light a match with it through an external lense, no go on lighting, however I was suprised to see the match start to smoke :)

Yeah its 5mW. Me and my brother had gotten 4 or 5 similar ones but this one definetly stands out in terms of visibility. Just for the heck of it I tried using it to light a match with it through an external lense, no go on lighting, however I was suprised to see the match start to smoke :)

Really!? It started to smoke? Than that's definitely more than 5mW. That must be above 30mW. As for the lighting the match, you'd probably need somewhere above 60mW with an external lens.

Yeah, I sat there and kept trying to get it to light, but no go. I was shocked when I saw some smoke rise when I put the focal point of the light on the match head.

here is a picture of the mirrors I used in the video

26308d1270108658-hi-ny-1-laser-so-far-see-video-excited-learn-experiment-img_0862.jpg

Well the round mirrors happened to fit nicely in a 4 by 4 open section of lego blocks, to keep them secure i just used a little piece of rubberized padding. As for the larger mirrors I just built around them.

the second large mirror from the right is actually a 50/50 beam splitter I came across.