Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Not FS: Side Button Pocket Pal Lasers! - Awesome!

jayrob

Re: FS: Side Button Pocket Pal Lasers! - Awesome!

That one is not the side button host... it looks like the DX sku 46 host. Which would work for my other tutorial:
http://www.laserpointerforums.com/forums/YaBB.pl?num=1213338268/0

But you have to watch out, because there are many 'look alike' hosts out there. (I tried some that looked the same, but the head did not unscrew from the body) The DX sku 46 host has the head that unscrews from the body, and it is only about $3 bucks as well:
http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.46

Silent_Dawn ran into a similar problem with this side button host...
Jay

Thanks Jayrob!

I love this thing, and with the focusable lens it is awesome!!! Can you PM me with what kinda diode is in it, etc.?

I love it, great workmanship.

How much for a very strong red burner?

Thanks again .. awesome work.

jayrob

Glad you like it! It's an 803T diode. Try to keep it to maybe 30 seconds on at a time at that power just to make sure it doesn't overheat in the Leadlight host...

I sell the Leadlights for $225 and the Side Button Pocket Pal's for $235 (AixiZ acrylic / FlexDrive / Either diode - red or blu-ray)

For a high powered Red burner, it would be better to use the Side button pocket pal host, or a 4171 host. This will give better heatsinking...
Jay

jayrob

drgrant1, your special order laser will be in tomorrow's mail! (it will be Wednesday if they are closed for Veterans day) It sure is a beauty! :cool:

Grant Stiles3 11-11-08 .jpg

Copper2.jpg

* Meredith Glass Lens
* Copper Heatsink
* 115D / FlexDrive

I found that my little antique mini lathe doesn't like copper. Or, maybe I just had it spinning too fast or something. The heatsink is perfect, but it was kind of hard on my lathe!

Anyway, your going to love how weighty this laser is in your hand! That copper is probably twice as heavy as aluminum...
Jay

jayrob

Kenny S., I got your blu-ray build done. It will be in tomorrow's mail! (Thursday)

I had to turn up the current to 158mA's to get the power that we had discussed. Don't let this bother you too much...

Kenny Sajo 11-13-08.jpg

I have noticed that the really nice diodes (the ones with the longer wavelength), need a little more mA per mW, but they are much nicer diodes! :D

This laser at 118mW's is visually brighter than my 150mW 803T build!. No exaggerating here. I was very tempted to keep this diode ;D, but I have a couple like it, so it's coming your way! ;)

Please take a couple of minutes to read the included instruction sheet. Also, the Uranium crackle glass marble can give off reflections because of the crackled glass, so be careful about that...
Jay

DUDE,AWESOME WORK,these are incredible builds.

I will be making a purchase in the near future,iv been looking around alot on this forum for the perfect build and I decided that I would
be best going with you, did you say that the 150mW 803T build would be around $235?

jayrob

Thanks! Yes, it is a very nice host! :) The 3 X AAA battery supply is a large capacity as well. It is nice to have to option to use rechargeable batteries too! ;)

The price for the 803T/AixiZ acrylic blu-ray build is $235 plus shipping.

I would recommend a little more conservative setting for power, but if you don't abuse 150mW's, it will give you a good run.

I don't guarantee the life of the diodes at any power, but I will rebuild at no charge. You just pay for parts and shipping. So at some future point, you may want to upgrade to a more powerful diode!

Caleb, just to let you know that your build will be in tomorrow's mail! (Wednesday)

Caleb Mueller 11-19-08.jpg

Set at the requested power... I had a small scratch from taking it apart, that I had to fix with the lathe. I would think that you will like it the way I fixed it, because I personally like it! :cool:

I have more black hosts on order, but do not have any on hand at this moment, or I would just replace the cap, and keep this cap for myself!

Please take a minute to read the included instruction sheet. Let me know when you get it!
Jay

jayrob

Paul, your Side Button Pocket Pal blu-ray build is shipping today! (Friday)

Paul Uhlig 12-5-08.jpg

Please take a minute to read the included instruction sheet. There are some safety recommendations in there too. Let me know whey you get it!
Jay

jayrob

Xtremespeed, your silver 'Side Button Pocket Pal' blu-ray is ready. This color finishes off very nice with the blu-ray warning label on there! :cool:

Chris Rowlee 12-12-08.jpg

Set to 120mW's per your request. It is a very nice build. This is one of the brightest 803T diodes that I have had! (visually) Shipping tomorrow. (Friday)

You will not be disappointed!
Jay

P.S. Just to let others know that I am offering a $20 dollar discount on the silver ones! Because I have extra ones of that color.

jayrob

Note: I will have a very limited number of 6X sleds available soon! :D
These diodes will be a $50 dollar upgrade above the normal Side Button Pocket Pal price of $235. These 6X blu-ray diodes can be set between 150mW's and 200mW's. I have my personal 6X set at 209mW's. I use it on special occasions. I keep a very conservative duty cycle of 30 sec. on / 30 sec. off.
(I do not guarantee diode life. But will rebuild at no charge. You pay for parts and shipping)
Jay

jayrob

Cowley, man... it is hard to let this build go! It is awesome... :cool:

Britt King 6X 12-31-08.jpg

Set at 192mA's. This is a high efficiency diode! :) I have my 6X Meredith glass build set at 191mA's and I only get 209mW's.

Yours is 224mW's! Shipping tomorrow. (Wednesday) Let me know when you get it...
Jay

IgorT

Seems like you're putting them 6x's to good use Jay! :)

And to think that one week ago you were worried what you'd get.. ;)

I hope you get to keep some for yourself... Otherwise we're gonna have to do another buy. ;D

jayrob

They are the 'real deal' alright! Let's get some more!

Thanks for setting that up Igor...
Jay

IgorT

jayrob said:
They are the 'real deal' alright! Let's get some more!

Thanks for setting that up Igor...
Jay

No problem. Glad to help.. :)

Would you have ordered more if you were sure?

If i wasn't 100% sure i would not risk bringing you and others in on it! You can be sure of that.. ;)

jayrob

No... I trusted that you had done your homework, and I know that you are a very good communicator.

Sure, I would have liked more. But at $50 or $60 dollars a pop, I can only buy a few at a time...

Ready for more? Sending e-mail...
Jay