Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Not been here for a while

I've had a lot of crap to deal with the past year so not been around at all, just getting stuff back together again and started up the laser hobby again, so just
come to say hello and hi to all the newbies i've missed in the past year

We haven't met, but welcome back. Glad to hear things are getting better. For you. Since you've been gone a while, you're gonna love the new PL520!

Oh, yeah....Direct Green Diode by Osram @ 520nm....100mW!

Check DTR's page for them. You can also link to my one-of-a-kind build thread w/ this diode.

Sounds intriguing

*Edit* Wow, I go away for a year and now they've got press fit green diodes :eek:

Last edited:

norbyx

Yes new laser in the house. There are some awesome builds already, and some dead diodes too... Only down side, the price of the diode is HI.

Lessee...You also missed:

There is now a sever drought of boost drivers
Mohrenberg is retired from machining and BenBoosts
Lots of folks have broken 3+ Watts
Ophirs have gotten cheap enough that we're all buying them
WL has released some new items, so the noobs are coming in droves
Lots more, I'm sure

Thanks the Duke

I go away for a year and come back to the above. Im gonna go away for another year, when i come back i expect to see a light sabre !!!!!

Thanks the Duke

I go away for a year and come back to the above. Im gonna go away for another year, when i come back i expect to see a light sabre !!!!!

WL already has one, it fits on top of the arctic...:whistle: Not that Im advocating it mind you! ;)

Last edited:

norbyx

Maybe we will have laser guns soon .... :drool:
Another thing that probably happend in the last year is that prices vs. power probably got lower.