Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

not a flame, just bad timing.

anyway, in december i "upgraded" (bought a stronger laser, for those who are "the word 'upgraded' challenged") to a 55mW green CNI laser from dragonlasers. I had my 35mW greenie from WL, but it just wasn't cutting it.

anyways, i got my 55mW, and was super-excited. i did tons of cool stuff with it, and it seemed stronger than i could imagine.

The laser came in in the middle of january, and by the end of january, it was dead. didn't work at all. so i set it aside and e-mailed for an RMA.

once i got the RMA, i kind of avoided sending it because of the nice $18 shipping charge back, and the $9 shipping to china. and on the day i go to mail it, something tells me to check my e-mail. so i do. it's an e-mail from DL telling me not to send it to that address anymore because that address is gone and to request another RMA.

this is fine, so i take out the laser again to hope it works, and it doesn't. so i bang it vertically on my hand (lens facing the floor) while holding but button a couple of times and it starts to work!! so i have a laser that works when i bang it in the palm of my hand. well not really bang, but kind of shake.

this gets rid of the rattle that has always been in the laser (since i got it) but the dot now is super-huge and weak. and it sucks. and it still has mode issues

so i wait another week and e-mail for another RMA, and i get an e-mail back in 5 minutes saying i probably shouldn't send it because of chinese spring holiday (chinese new-year i'm inclined to believe) that lasts TWO WEEKS. i knew this, but didn't think the company would shut down for 2 weeks. maybe he was just referring to the shipping was going to be nonexistant, or what, i don't know, but they asked me to request another RMA in march.

i guess i'm fine with this except that i wouldn't have a laser for like 2 months if i wait until march.

but i am fine with it because a certain maser pack should arrive this thursday. i'm sure that will take any attention away from my 55mW broken. (it's no longer a 55mW greenie, but a 55mW broken.)

and actually i understand the shipping thing because things i'm ordering from a couple other companies in china aren't expected to leave china for at least until the holiday is over too.

S

SenKat

WOW ! That does suck :-( I think it is pretty cool - although LATE on their part that they will still RMA it...hey - you could get a laser saber to use it with - you gotta bang the crap outta that to get the magnet to fall again ! Just a suggestion :-? Post how it goes with the master pack when you get it - cool that they went out - I know it musta felt like forever - oh wait - did you BUY the master pack, or was it a prize in the give away ? I started typing before my brain kicked in ! LOL ! This is a good report - it shows that DL is not 100% perfect, but also shows that they will stand up, and do an RMA for it. Cool ! Thanks for the info !

actually i won the master pack in the re-draw on feburary 2nd.

they shipped it the day after i confirmed (the 8th?)

and yeah i'm surprised they'll RMA it that far out. but it WAS documented earlier so i guess they should anyway. if not i'll be quite angry.

S

SenKat

aliencam said:
actually i won the master pack in the re-draw on feburary 2nd.  

they shipped it the day after i confirmed (the 8th?)

and yeah i'm surprised they'll RMA it that far out. but it WAS documented earlier so i guess they should anyway. if not i'll be quite angry.

Congrats on your new masterpack ! I didn't win, did I ? hehehehehehe