Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

noob wanting mod ideas?

Ok so I recently got into lasers but have no clue what I'm doing...have read up some but am more of a do it to learn person...

Anyways, I have a laser/led pen and am just wondering if there's anyway to mod said pen or any ideas... specs are...630-680nm...<5mW...classIIIa...4.5V

I am doubtful but curious

rhd

We need a lot more info. Photos and URL to the pen for starters. Actual wavelength might be useful (not a range).

rhd

You might actually find that relatively difficult to mod. The diode in it now probably can't handle any more than it's doing already. Plus, it's probably not a diode can pressed into a module, but rather a diode mounted right on a PCB.

Ok so I recently got into lasers but have no clue what I'm doing...have read up some but am more of a do it to learn person...

Anyways, I have a laser/led pen and am just wondering if there's anyway to mod said pen or any ideas... specs are...630-680nm...<5mW...classIIIa...4.5V

I am doubtful but curious

You will need to do a lot more research and reading...
The question of modding Lasers has been asked and
answered hundreds of times before...

I would suggest that you save up your $$ and buy a
higher powered Laser rather than wasting your time
trying to Pot Mod a $1.61 Laser...

Jerry