Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Noob needs help with first green laser

jArdi

Laserpoint, isn't that DX subsidiary or something?

I dunno, I'd stay away, but there's awefully few sites I could actually direct you to for lasers on a budget.

O-like and Rayfoss used to steal all the show for budget lasers but I heard they have gone bad and are not worthy of business unfortunately.

So I dunno, Lazerer so far is one option, I know of. Anything else, everybody?

BIONIS

This sux... Blah I want a 100mw for my first but it has to be cheap I'm very OCD

Zeebit

IMO, 100mW is a bit too much for a beginner. Its kinda rare to get a true 100mW for a few bucks.

IMO, 100mW is a bit too much for a beginner. Its kinda rare to get a true 100mW for a few bucks.

I got what was advertised as a 100 mW green diode from ebay for $20. It probably wasnt 100 mW, and I accidentally burned it out, but it was nice to see a cool strong beam for a little while.

Get a true 50mw and you'll be good to start with...

Building your own is much more gratifying experience BTW

Last edited:
Get a true 50mw and you'll be good to start with...

Building your own is much more gratifying experience BTW

I think I might go a little offtopic with this but here it goes :) I'm trying to build my first laser, I already have the host, the driver and the module, all I need now is a heatsink :D

And to be ontopic I suggest (if it's possible) to ask someone on the forum to build you a green laser of that power or if they want to tell you what exact parts you need to build one yourself :)

BIONIS

Hmmm I've expanded my search efforts and am now throwing the budget up a little I'd say $30-$35 is my new max and I understand 100mW is hard to get true but as long as it comes out over fifty I'll be satisfied

BIONIS

Im not putting too much money into it in case I'm not really interested. I believe I am however from past experiences I know that sometime a passing fancy can be quite strong if that makes any sense