Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

***NO LONGER AVAILABLE*** SSY1 Nd:YAG Complete Working System

***NO LONGER AVAILABLE***

This is an Nd:YAG laser system utilizing all the parts used in the original SSY1 M1A1 Abrams tank rangefinder. It's been bread boarded on an aluminum plate. A DC-DC power supply is included that requires 28VDC input. The system works as designed for the original rangefinder.

Price: $200.00 plus shipping. I use USPS priority mail so there is tracking.

Please note this is a working Nd:YAG pulsed laser. It WILL damage your vision if you take a direct hit or specular reflection. I recommend you use protective eye wear.

Attachments

• Nd_YAG_SSY1.jpg
    Nd_YAG_SSY1.jpg
    99.3 KB · Views: 160
Last edited:

Re: SSY1 Nd:YAG Complete Working System

Excellent layout and build quality. A STEAL of a price too. Someone (who knows how to safely use this) jump on it! If I had the funds I'd buy it instantly.

Sigurthr, just noticed you are in the da U.P. eh? MSU graduate here living in East Lansing and the Detroit suburbs for nearly 20 years, lol.

If you really want to see what these are capable of check out this video I created a few years back. Killed the passive q-switch but the flashlamp held up. The rangefinders clearly were designed to last a very long time if the lamp can take the amount of energy I dumped into it on these shots.

The coil in the test is the original so it wasn't properly tuned for the capacitors I used but it still worked pretty good.

I'm guessing this is a USA only deal, right?

What country Atomicrox? I will ship USPS Priority International. The costs are higher. There will probably be VAT charges you need to cover.

Sigurthr, just noticed you are in the da U.P. eh? MSU graduate here living in East Lansing and the Detroit suburbs for nearly 20 years, lol.

Hehe, yep! Way up north, 20mi SW of Sault Ste Marie. Always good to see another michigander, though I'm not native. Born and raised in NJ, then traveled around a lot. Moved up here in 2010, but had spent almost 2yrs here prior around 2004-ish.

I bought the parts to build one of those and they are still in the box waiting to be assembled, they cost more than your asking price. I spent two years in the Soo from 1976-1978 in the USCG :)