Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

niGHT tIME CoYoTie hunters?

Got Light?

What new, reasonable priced stuff works for you?

What is better than the old coon hunter Wheat Lite with head lamp?

Do the gel theator color sheets make aceptable lens covers? ie, congo blue 181 etc?

Does the ND3 sub-zero oproduct work?
Is ther a better product or modification to do night predator work?

Well, to get into something bright as you want and not have an amazingly hard time setting up lasers to work like a flashlight on you're gun, personally, I prefer flashlights to see at night, Light emitting diodes ( LEDs ) are very efficient and make much less heat compared to a laser diode (LD) but also make very specific wavelengths like a LD.
also mercury vapor bulbs, there amazing and will blow you away with there power but have most colors of light mixed making white, (not sure if you want any specific color, (most hunters do..)

I would give candlepowerforums a try.

Ole'wolferk.
I am wanting to up grade from hard wiring a 12v automotive 35w sealed beam hand help spotlight to a 12v motorcycle battery using coffe can cut outs with red/blue/amber christmas paper filters.

Is there a 'reaal deal' night time coyote hunter outfit available or DIY build kit options? My wife is going crazy with all my laser searches etc.

Well if you search up hunting coyotes you get all that info we cant provide like this web-page.
search around and give something a try, if it does not work out, people here are very willing to help with what they can. Every once in a while people come here for hunting purposes, so give LPF search a try!

ole' wolferk
....been at the coyote getting game since 1968. Have pretty much done it the same way and rec'd the same results all these years.

Don't like the sales pitches of products that can't hold a candle to the task.

Just shoutin' out, and given a holler and a howl to get a souped up coyote hunting version of a modern weaponery light.

Thanks all and keep em' coming!:shhh:

Don't like the sales pitches of products that can't hold a candle to the task.

Just shoutin' out, and given a holler and a howl to get a souped up coyote hunting version of a modern weaponery light.

Not sure if I understand that all too much.. But you've been hunting since way before I was born.. I'd suggest looking up what colors are hard to see by coyotes but easily seen by human eyesight, I think my old buddy told me it was red or blue but I can't remember it was long ago when I last hunted.

other than that you are probably not going to learn much off me :D

peace

daguin

You need to find a predator hunting or a varmint hunting forum. Barring that, there are MANY books and articles both online and at your local library that have the information you are looking for.

The link that L&M gave you above is a good one

There are some hunters here, but what you are looking for is NOT a laser so most people here will have little info to help you.

Peace,
dave

Last edited:
ole' wolferk,

yep, been huntin' since 1964. pretty much read all books, technical, seminars etc. available at least until, 1995.

FRO THIS FLASHLIGHT and Laser site, infor helpful is someonw who has built a better mousetrap, ie, long range diode, thingy-a-ma-jiggie, with a filter lens of red or amber that will glow incoming eyes out to 400 yards.

An all-in-one LIGHT would be capable of lens removable or other method once critter is less than 200 yards to be able to "switch' to a bright 'shoting', 'identifier light'. or optically adjust beam and/or power, etc.