Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Newwish 50 mw pointers use 200 mw diode

Ive been complaining to newwish about the power ratings from there lasers
Especialy the 50 mw modules
i realy was not expecting them to be able to do 50 mw but mine did 5 mw when it arrived
Stil 31 dollars for a 5 mw is not that bad.

Turns out newwish are using 200 mw diodes in there 50 mw modules.
So the wil never output anywhere near 50 mw.
Ive been able to get about 30-35 mw out of them after the pot mod and disabeling the feedback circuit
But thats about it

So the are easy to mod there good priced only there advertised power is way off .

Bellow the reply from Alice from newwish : alice@zsnewwish.com

Thanks for your reply.
In fact,our 50mW is not a reall 50mW green laser pointer.it is impossible to make all of the 50mW are reall 50mW.
As it has a range(35-50mW all are belong to 50mW in our factory).
We use the 200mW diode

S

SenKat

THAT is odd ! Every 50 mw newwish I have owned - with the exception of two....one was WAY over spec, and was down right SMOKING - Me_too_lazy won that one in a contest quite a few months back....and one that was well under specs...

But they have all been dead on 50mw ones other than that ! I understand about the 200mw pump diode, but I guess I have been fairly lucky ?

G !

SenKat said:
THAT is odd !  Every 50 mw newwish I have owned - with the exception of two....one was WAY over spec, and was down right SMOKING - Me_too_lazy won that one in a contest quite a few months back....and one that was well under specs...

But they have all been dead on 50mw ones other than that !  I understand about the 200mw pump diode, but I guess I have been fairly lucky ?

G !

just ordered 2 more so time wil tell ;)
the first one i got nly did 5 mw out of the box and 35 mw after modding
oh wel u never know with laserpointers its always down to luck if u get one with good crystals and allingment lol

S

SenKat

Yes ! That is a very true statement ! :) I wish you the best of luck, and I hope you get the 50mw one this time !

G !

SenKat said:
Yes !  That is a very true statement ! :)  I wish you the best of luck, and I hope you get the 50mw one this time !

G !

Thanks Senkat

Wel i wont be disapointed if it does not do 50 mw
im not expecting it to do 50 mw for 31 dollars and free shipping
cant realy expect to get 50 mw for that kind of money

Wil mod them and sell them anyway.

Y

yew.sir-name

are you talking about the new $26 50mw dx lasers? i'm sure i read somewhere the old $54 50mw are claimed to have a 500mw samsung pump diode. that went for all the dx 'true' lasers, mabe they are cheaper because they changed the pump.

yew.sir-name said:
are you talking about the new $26 50mw dx lasers? i'm sure i read somewhere the old $54 50mw are claimed to have a 500mw samsung pump diode. that went for all the dx 'true' lasers, mabe they are cheaper because they changed the pump.

not sure but newwish states the 50 mw modules that are currently on there site have 200 mw pump
diodes in them
so theres no way the wil do 50 mw

ive had 6x 50mW newwishes, all of which were able to pop balloons except for 1
i bought 6x "imitation" 50mW newwishes from DX last month, should be there next week
if I get my laser meter before I sell them off, ill test them and post their actual ratings

S

SenKat

laserfreak3d said:
[quote author=yew.sir-name link=1188035697/0#5 date=1188043886]are you talking about the new $26 50mw dx lasers? i'm sure i read somewhere the old $54 50mw are claimed to have a 500mw samsung pump diode. that went for all the dx 'true' lasers, mabe they are cheaper because they changed the pump.

not sure but newwish states the 50 mw modules that are currently  on there site have 200 mw pump
diodes in them
so theres no way the wil do 50 mw [/quote]

New-wish., or DX ? If it is DX, then they ALSO claim they have no IR filters which we know is false !

G !

i have no experiance with dx only with newwish and only the ones in the black cases  with the button on the end cap

The NewWish and DX lasers are one in the same. DX posted the IR filter comment a long time before we realized they did have some ineffective filters in them.

I can back up the comment from NewWish to laserfreak though. About half a year ago I got Alice at NewWish to tell me to expect 38-48mW of green from a NewWish <50mW. Keep in mind the laser is a "<50mW", although DX misinterprets that and says "50mW" (which normally registers as ">50mW" to us)

As for 50mW from a 200mW pump, that is entirely possible, but with the low-quality mass production of the NewWish lasers I wouldn't count on it.

yea i know its possible to get 50mw of green out of 200 mw ir
its all about crystal quality

but the changes of getting one that outputs 50 mw is prety small i think