Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Newbie's trip to the beach

Hello all! Joe here! Long post sorry! So My girlfriend and I decided to go to the beach this past weekend for our three year celebration! What fun it was. Well me being me decided it would be great fun to try out a few of my new laser pointers. One labeled as a 500mw 532nm! I do not have a LPM, but for what I've seen on videos and whatnot of other similar powered lasers I feel the one I have is a Greed LED flashlight with a lens(jk). Its from laserpointerpro... Yes I know.. you don't even have to comment. It was my first purchase linked off this site and had yet to do any research. Moving on now, so I broke one of them out on our first night when it was getting late. This beach is always very quiet and dead, so I figured I would not bother anyone I figured I would point out a few stars. It was very clear out. DEATH STAR LASER BEAM!!! wow! I only had it on for about 15 seconds and felt like a was lighting up the whole beach. I then figured maybe not the greatest place to turn in on. I kept it off the rest of the night.
The second night I wanted to try an experiment. I had a second pointer that I got off of lazerer. Yes I know two bad purchases in a row. I'm trying here hehe! This one labeled as a 100mw 532. I feel the two are of similar power. They will burn electrical tape if you have the time so to say. ANYWAYS! I told my gf that I was going to walk down the beach a ways and to be ready for my signal to point at a certain star when she sees my quick flash at the same star, for i wanted to see the beam far away. I must have walked a 1/4 mile down the beach before I gave her the signal. WOW! I was right. That thing is just crazy bright at night. I'm sure it was the slight mist in the air but wow. We played a quick sword match for about 5 seconds before i walked back. I never really pulled them out again after seeing that.
I also brought my survival goggles! Those are so great for a sunny beach! My GF kept taking them to use as regular sunglasses because her "fancy ones" were not cutting it. I hope I don't get too much crap for being honest and sharing my experience. I will def save the laser for a more low key time! thanks all! p.s i have a nice laser comming from sci-fi lasers!

Glad you had a lot of fun, we're supposed to enjoy them as well as making them :) I'm sure you were expecting the following question though. When you were playing with your lasers as if they were swords did you have your goggles on? Because that's the kind of thing that causes accidents.

Last edited:
I had my goggles on me, but for the experiment there was no way I would be able to see the beam at that range. I have made my GF read ALOT of the 1W 445nm hit in eye thread. She is just as paranoid about eye loss as I am. I made it very clear that the beam being shot by her to to be in a VERY certain area. Since I made us chose a certain star to point at it made it very easy to do a tiny sword fight. Sorry I didn't make that clear. BTW can you tell me what that movie is from your avartar.. I've seen you half explain in in a post!

I had my goggles on me, but for the experiment there was no way I would be able to see the beam at that range. I have made my GF read ALOT of the 1W 445nm hit in eye thread. She is just as paranoid about eye loss as I am. I made it very clear that the beam being shot by her to to be in a VERY certain area. Since I made us chose a certain star to point at it made it very easy to do a tiny sword fight. Sorry I didn't make that clear. BTW can you tell me what that movie is from your avartar.. I've seen you half explain in in a post!

Must have been a lovely night for a couple in love :)

Yeah lol it's from the movie Ghost Shark. It's so bad it's hilarious :D

Watch Ghost Shark Online | Watch Full Ghost Shark (2013) Online For Free

"When rednecks on a fishing trip kill a great white shark, its spirit comes back for revenge"
That's the description of the movie's first sentence! I don't mean to de-rail my own thread, but my god I have to see this movie! I will probably watch this after a beer.

"When rednecks on a fishing trip kill a great white shark, its spirit comes back for revenge"
That's the description of the movie's first sentence! I don't mean to de-rail my own thread, but my god I have to see this movie! I will probably watch this after a beer.

Get ready to laugh your socks off and every other bit of clothing you'll have on :D

Lasers at the beach. Can't beat that? Often times there is a sea fog that really makes the beams pop but you said you were pointing at stars so I guess it was clear.
Sound like you had fun.
My gf likes is the idea of lasers, listens to me while I ramble on about wavelength, drivers, future Ideas, the one that's more blue..etc.