Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Chatto69

Hello members,

I’m interested in learning more about lasers and builying one for myself. Several years ago a friend built several lasers and we experimented with burning different things. I have completely lost track of that friend over the years but always kept the interest in lasers. I live in Texas (DFW area)

Sincerely,

Welcome to the LPF. I believe you'll find that burning things with a laser will get boring very quickly. Always safety first.

Chatto69

Thank you Sir. Yes burning things was fun in my 20s now I’m in my 50s it takes a little more to hold my interest.

Yeah, I'm a baby boomer who is over 65 years old. I don't like to give out my exact age. :LOL:

Commander J. Bloodmaker

I don't know guys, I don't think I would ever get tired of hitting things with a few megawatts. Few watts might get boring after 30 seconds, but I wouldn't tire so easily with enough power to light off fusion. I'd be building my own Tokamack.

Hi,
Get a NDB7A75 diode in a 25mm copper module with driver set to 3.5A 4A max with a G2 lens or G8 lens from DTR laser shop with leads.
Then get host with a 2X18650 battery capacity with a large heat sink . solder two wires and apply heat shrink tubing on the solder joints.
You will have a great laser build.
Rich:)