Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Newbie Here, Newbie Build

thesimsdude

Hello Friends of the Laser Community, My name is Hunter and as many of you are aware of styropyro, I have been inspired to create my own handheld laser. I had a wicked lasers arctic 1w awhile back and enjoyed it greatly but cannon seem to locate it anywhere. So as a result I am going to be building my own Handheld, I look at this as a very advanced lego set with no clear instructions. I have currently ordered, A NUBM06 4-5W 445nm Diode, two housing modules to fit the diode, one with a hollow back and one with a closed backing. I have also ordered an Astral Superdrive V constant current driver board. I should be able to manage a proper heat sink for the diode fitted into the handheld. I am curious as to members solutions for a heat sink for the Driver Board. I also would like any recommendations for properly fitting two 18650 Li batteries into the Host. My plan is to use a Host module I already have from a previous ebay purchase, its nothing fancy but could potentially do the job before I purchase a proper Host fitting for $70. I am told you need to purge the driver board before attaching diode as it could result in destroying the Diode, I assume this is true. If anyone here has any tips for beginners or experience to share that would be a help, I would be in much favor, I could have bought a strong handheld outright for a couple hundred dollars and still might, however to me I wanted to challenge myself to build one with the current monkey brain I have. Youtube has been a huge help and I appreciate all of the wisdom in this forum, Cheers!

Shiiru

Last edited: