Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

NEWBIE.....GREEN CORE LASER FROM WICKED.

Benm said:
Its obviously possible to adapt the optics such that they focus the IR - its probably not even that difficult to do. The pump in a 5 mW green usually has enough power to light matches like that, but under normal operation (i.e. with the stock optics and crystals in place) it just doesnt focus to a tiny point in front of the laser.

Also, if things are built right, most of the IR pump energy doesnt make it out at all, it should be absorbed by the crystal set. IR will leak out more easily if the wavelength is off (e.g. cold laser).

As far as modding that core laser goes: I'd keep it and build or buy a 200 mW red laser for about the same price the core was... nicer to play with, less work and probably safer that tinkering with IR.

I aqree with you.... with using optics....  :)

The original quote that I responded to was...
If you really want to burn but without green light, [highlight]you can take out the crystals set and all[/highlight] and you will have a powerful short range IR burner.
(Making an IR burner by removing ALL the Xtals and Optics)...... ::)

The video "xJumper" referenced.. to my observation... obviously does have optics... ;)

Jerry