Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

Laser Pointer Store

Newb

hey im new here from md. got bored and need to toy with some experiments. i dont know jack about lasers other then to not look into them and that they are fragile as hell. im building my first over the next few weeks. will be a blue ray diode with probablya rckster driver, replacement glass lens to go into a aixis housing, a custom heatsink and i duno yet about a case. i will probbly keep her in a 180 range, maybe 200 if i can keep it cool enough.

my next one will be a red, i want it in the higher mw range. that one im going to try and intigrate some sort of a co2 cooling system.

if you cant tell i grew up with mcguyver and cant leave stuff well enough alone. lol

T_Warne

Hey there Forgottenalarm, welcome to LPF. This is a great place to learn about *DIY lasers. *There is a wealth of information to be found here if you are willing to look for it.

* * *If you really get stuck and can not find what you need, someone will usually point you in the right direction... but do youself a favor and be sure to do your homework first.

Good luck and have fun! *
TW

Last edited:
thanks for the tips. i have been using the search button religiously for the last week gathering info.
i changed my mind on that driver though. im making my own. came out to be 13.00 in parts. not including a case i will be building for the driver/fan and 2 toggles.

lasersbee

Welcome to the Forum.... you are starting out just fine by
reading as much as you can...

Remember... the [Search] button is your friend... :cool:

Jerry

phoenix77

Hi, welcome to the forum. A good place to start is "SPYDERZ tips for beginners" this is a MUST READ for NOOBS..................rob