Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Newb question

When running just the 5mW laser diode that comes with the Aixiz housing... Is it ok to use two 1.5v AA.. I dont really know the rules of direct current because ive always use a/c. Does it double the voltage if you use two? or am I still underpowering the diode?

Im not going to even touch my LD from the group buy till Ive gained a little more experience...

Thanks in advance....

Ashton

you *can* but it wont last long if you do that, I took that rout with a DVD-RW diode, which has a larger range of acceptable voltage, and I turned it into an LED after about 1 hour or less of lasing. if ytou want to build a circuit board with resistors, then you can use AA batteries, otherwise use AAA

thanks and umm....

I built the flashlight from the Stock Diode that was in the housing and the circuit board came with.

I dont think you understood the question...

Does 2 AA batteries put out 3.0v? One battery puts out 1.5v

Ashton

yes, they do. However that's onlyhalf the equasion, you also have to take into account the mA, which I think is the problem (I used the same logic you did and said 3v shouldn't be a rpoblem and my died quite fast. Could have been something I did, but I've seen several palces say not to use AA batteries in a bare-diode red. MAybe somone else will pop on here like senkat or mike or psuedo who can answer you better than I can.

I dont discredit what your saying....I bought the mini housing with brass...

It comes with a circuit board protected by rubber so I am just going to use it...

Thanks for the info...

S

SenKat

The tiny circuit board that comes with the Aixiz modules will NOT power your diode at anything above maybe 10mw at best ! It will not kill the diode, bt all you have done is severely limit the current. That is if there is even enough current to activate the diode....

Since im using the Stock Diode from the housing and I didnt solder the GB one in...Im more confused....

The Stock Circuit board doesnt even power the Stock Diode that come with it?

I didn't mess with the module at all due to my inexperience...