Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

New wish host+boredom=this.

So I was messing with this green laser that I constantly have to repair, and this time after I replaced the switch (again) the laser worked for a minute then died. I then said to myself "Screw it" and went to work making the host less boring. Considering I had a few hours, some sandpaper and a power drill, I think this went pretty well. The battery vent holes are sloppy- the drill press here looks old and sketchy, so I used the hand power drill. Anyway, I really like the look and I couldn't get a good picture of the front opening but it's cool too. The front piece of metal looks strange when sanded, almost like it's heat treated-there are blotches of different colors that look pretty cool. Anyway, here are some pictures for your enjoyment. I give it a 9/10 considering it was my first time doing this.

Attachments

• CIMG2079.JPG
    CIMG2079.JPG
    78.5 KB · Views: 213
  • Picture 8.png
    Picture 8.png
    106.7 KB · Views: 165
  • Picture 9.png
    Picture 9.png
    101.7 KB · Views: 160

Alright, I "fixed" the green module for the umpteenth time, and stuck it back in. The button is now recessed into the host, as I was always bothered by it turning on in my pocket. It doesn't work perfectly, but perhaps I can replace this crap module soon.

Attachments

• Picture 10.png
    Picture 10.png
    336.5 KB · Views: 126
  • Picture 11.png
    Picture 11.png
    495.9 KB · Views: 124
Last edited:
It works, but not all that well... I think whatever circuit they're using is just unreliable. I can still take it outside to point, but I don't count on its operation. That said, the optics on this module are pretty good... very good divergence, and the beam looks better since I upped the pot a bit. Anyway, I love this gold color, it's so much fun to look at. I think this will be the laser I bring on camping trips and stuff, as I think I'll build a >100mW green pen soon.

What kind of module is it? The Newwish type like these? >DealExtreme: $16.43 50mW 532nm Green Laser Module (3V 11.9mm)

If it's a problem with the driver/switch I have a working driver with a working switch.
I've done repairs and mods to many newwish lasers. If you need help fixing it I would have no problem assisting you.
Otherwise, you can always order one of those modules from DX. They are cheap.

I already fixed the switch, I added one of those nice black ones that make a good *click* sound. It's just that the driver power jumps and doesn't like the cold, no big deal. And the module is from a company called laserss, and since all I could find on their site are 5mW modules I think this thing is just a cheap-o pot mod (I got it a while back).