Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

new warning on dx about laser shipping..

pseudonomen137 said:
There seems to be a bit of argument about the Prometheus/RPL units that have been sold (I got messages from people on both AIM and MSN about it, heh). Viasho informs me they have received approval through accession #0710553-000. That's all I can really know to tell y'all, sorry.

Just to confirm the above statement:

RPL style portable laser systems are legal and do have accession numbers as they are constructed with the required safety features and have been approved by the FDA (Viasho, CNI, and others, but not all manufacturers of portables have accession numbers). It is the pen lasers that are illegal >5mW because they contain absolutely no safety features and are ALL imported using fraudulent customs documentation. If you can prove me wrong post your import documents showing a pen laser rated as a Class 3 or 4 listed as the contents. WL uses a flashlight company return address and calls the contents flashlights. DL uses a persons name as the return address and lists their imports as toy parts. Whatever to make a yuan. Honor and integrity mean nothing next to profit. That may be one of the last bastions of American business as it is generally conducted with honor. Just like prohibition, there was a demand and legal business could not fill it, so organizations operating illegally supplied the demand. So it is with lasers.