Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

New user looking to buy

Hi everyone! I have been to this site before and finally made an account after spending some decent time reading threads. Seems like a great community.
I currently have 2 445nm lasers, one custom built 1.35w, and the other is a Dragon Lasers Spartan 1w I purchased offline. I'm looking to add a green laser to my collection and was wondering what I could get for $200 (or less). I spent a few hours looking at different websites and what not but I'm still pretty uncertain on what one I would like to purchase.

I want to get something that has high output and good quality.
The website lazerer.com caught my attention more so than most other sites I have visited today, still not sure on which one to get =\ I would even buy a custom built green if anyone is selling one.

My budget is $200 or less and I'm looking for something between 150-300mw

Here are some pics of by blues. Spartan on the left, and my custom on right.

The spartan has a rectangular beam. one of my buddies said that means the diode isn't operating efficiently. I'm fairly new with lasers and I have no idea if he is right or wrong.

Attachments

• IMAG0274.jpg
    IMAG0274.jpg
    95 KB · Views: 114
  • IMAG0275.jpg
    IMAG0275.jpg
    163.4 KB · Views: 124
Last edited:

Definitely keep an eye on this section of the forum. Nice greens come up for sale pretty regularly. You can order from o-like and lazerer as well, but shipping times aren't particularly fast from China and o-like won't win any rewards for communication in my experience.

Also, keep in mind that cheaper isn't better if it breaks. I've bought cheap a couple of times and regretted it!

$200 is plenty of budget for a nice green laser though. Watch for trusted sellers if you buy used, or settle for less mW and go with better build quality if you want to buy new. IMHO.

Welcome,

welcome.gif
to the Forum....
Don't forget to read the FAQs...the Stickies
and the Forum Rules..

If you plan on buying anything on the Forum....
PLEASE read this first...

6 Steps To Prevent You From Getting Scammed

and this....

37 Reasons NOT to Buy From Wicked Lasers

If you do get a Laser or already have one be sure
to get appropriate Laser Safety Goggles/Glasses...

Enjoy your stay...

Jerry

Last edited:
Thanks guys, I appreciate it.
Kind of funny that you mention WL! I was going between buying the WL acrtic and the Dragon Lasers Spartan and chose the Spartan. i did some research on both companies before I made the purchase and to my surprise there were more terrible reviews with the company than i ever would have thought. So glad I chose to go with the DL spartan.
I do however know a few people that actually received their WL order, one of them being the siii krypton and the other an siii arctic.. they had to hassle customer support, sending countless emails and waiting about 3 months for delivery.

Thanks guys, I appreciate it.
Kind of funny that you mention WL! I was going between buying the WL acrtic and the Dragon Lasers Spartan and chose the Spartan. i did some research on both companies before I made the purchase and to my surprise there were more terrible reviews with the company than i ever would have thought. So glad I chose to go with the DL spartan.
I do however know a few people that actually received their WL order, one of them being the siii krypton and the other an siii arctic.. they had to hassle customer support, sending countless emails and waiting about 3 months for delivery.

It seems that WL has stepped up their slow delivery problems but
their Lasers like their 1000mW Krypton are still way underspec just
like in the past with the Arctic...

You made a good choice to not go with them...:)

Jerry