Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

New to Site, New to building lasers.

Gastricwaste

Hello all, new to the site. I'm from central Pennsylvania and been wanting a high powered laser ever since I saw WL video where they pop 100 balloons in a line. The fact that they were so expensive at the time pushed me away. So after doing some research and finding sites like DTR and Survival Lasers it seems like it's cheaper to build one myself. Plus the feeling of building it would add to more to the laser in my opinion.

I don't have all the tools to properly test ,but reading quite a few of the posts. I feel like I could get by until I do.

My old red pointers died ages ago and my green pointer works when it feels like it. These were items I bought at the beach when I was younger. I recently bought some cheap blue laser off of Amazon and when I got it and charged the batteries it was way brighter then I had expected. So bright as the glasses provided didn't seem to help much when the dot was within 20-30 ft.

So as for now it has been put away until I get some laser safety glasses that I feel are more adequate in protecting my vision. Also waiting on a host to arrive and the diode and driver for my first build. It will also be a blue laser. Going to see how that build goes and possibly build a green one after.