Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

New to lasers. Here to learn and have fun!

Jrg0405

Hello everyone! My name is Ransom and I’m from Texas. I have long fantasized about having my own powerful laser since I was a kid. I just recently bought a 1.5w 450nm laser from laser pointer store. (Have not received package yet and I hope I don’t get scammed) I am just learning that laser pointer store doesn’t seem like the most reputable source for high power lasers. So let’s all hope that I get mine and it works. I have purchased the proper safety equipment as well. Anyways this is all just for fun and to learn a thing or two. If anyone has any suggestions or tips for a newbie feel free to leave a comment.

Philipnzw

Glad to see that you have purchased some proper safety equipment. Do make sure they are true OD4 or OD5 stuff though, the cheap ones included with most lasers aren't legit at all, and will not protect your eyes.

Personally I've not bought anything from Laser Pointer Store, so I can't say much about them. But the 2 most popular/ reputable stores we talk about in LPF are Sanwu lasers and Jetlaser. These 2 have impeccable quality but the price is also slightly higher.

Anyway, welcome to LPF. As for tips, I'll just recommend reading the older threads here. The amount of information and knowledge here is astonishing.

KayEm

Hello, just a quick comment regarding Laser Pointer Store. They are legit, you most certainly did not get scammed. However, there may be issues in case your laser stops working as their customer support is questionable. Personally, I ordered twice from them. The first time was a year ago, during Black Friday sale. I got their Thor M2 laser for 35$ and I have to say I haven't had a single issue with it. Even now it's one of my favorite lasers.

More recently, I ordered another laser from them and it came in rather poor condition with numerous small scratches on the host. Also, the beam of the laser was slightly crooked - the diode was not well aligned with the host - but only a little. I ended up receiving support from them, although for a while I really thought they had ghosted on me. I don't think the support was great, but I did end up getting a 33% refund from them. It seems some other LPF members had it a bit worse with them.

Nevertheless, their prices are quite good, similar to those on Aliexpress and Ebay, and they seem to have warehouses in various continents. Overall, I would say it's a decent source for cheap lasers. However, I would not count on them for the more powerful and/or expensive ones. In that case you are better off with Sanwu or Jetlasers.

Welcome to the LPF, Ransom. I got a Laser Pointer Store Laser some years ago for the price of shipping it to me to do a review of it. Still like it. It is a dual power H2 laser.

Remember that the good Lord gave you two eyes just in case you do something stupid with a high powered laser an injure one.