Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

New sanwu 304 405nm 100mw

Fundles

I posted in the sanwu company thread already with a couple questions about this issue I'm having, I have a picture now to better describe the problem. Is this a beat laser? This is with focus cap/focus barrel whatever removed. Looks like diode is shot. I did put the battery in backwards as soon as i got the laser (I thought they were all case positive :() Sanwu's site says these lasers are reverse polarity protected but I dont even know. What should I do about this?20190603_200210.jpg
^focus barrel removed^

Your photo doesn't show a bad diode. If Sanwu said it is reverse battery protected then I would contact them and complain. Try focusing it at a few inches from your target. It ought to cut electrical tape and melt plastic at this distance. You should be able to focus the dot to a fraction of a mm at 2 to 3 inches.

Fundles

20190603_214031.jpg
Does this look like 100mw of 405? Dot is on white popcorn ceiling. I've contacted sanwu, we'll see what they say. Hope they're as good as everyone here says.

If you want to pay the shipping I would be happy to measure it for you. If there is a problem, I could document and possibly repair it for you too. If this is something you're up for send me a PM and I will give you my address.;)

Sanwu is an amazing company with unmatched quality. That being said, those 405nm 303s are just the most suicidal lasers on the market. 405nm is my favorite practical wavelength so I've purchased numerous 301s/303s and none have ever survived more than a few months. I thought Sanwu might have ones that would last given their reputation but the story is the same. It's not Sanwu's fault; just not a good host for already sensitive diodes. The 300mW 405nm 303 model Torlaser.com has tempts me, but I know it'll be under spec and be no more special than from any other site. Just find an eBay listing for one under ten bucks and order five of em. You'll get a decent one 😁