Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

NEW member, PLEASE HELP

LPF is, for the most part, a DIY (do-it-yourself) forum. A place to learn, experiment, play and build things. It is not a classified ads forum, like CraigsList nor an eCommerce site, like Amazon (or eBay,for that matter).

For those who have the time, and take the time to read, learn and grow, they may find a greater level of support and feedback. If you're just here to salvage a free pointer, you may be met with some resistance to hold your hand and guide you through the process.

Helping others at LPF is an investment. An investment in time, the hobby, my own learning and in friendships. I have only been a member a short while, but I can see some of the trends others have observed and discussed. There are some that join the forum seeking a quick fix and then they vanish. Some of them are unwilling to search the forums, read and make an effort to learn. They want to be spoon fed like a child. Call me selfish, but I feel less motivated to help those likely to vanish and more motivated to help those making an effort to learn, grow and be a member of this community.

You can try and solicit services from members to do things for you, but until you have posted 20+ posts, you cannot start any solicitation threads in the B/S/T forums.

I hope this doesn't seem harsh. You seem like a good guy. I'm just putting it out there for you, and other new members that may read this. It's you're choice.

LPF is, for the most part, a DIY (do-it-yourself) forum. A place to learn, experiment, play and build things. It is not a classified ads forum, like CraigsList nor an eCommerce site, like Amazon (or eBay,for that matter).

For those who have the time, and take the time to read, learn and grow, they may find a greater level of support and feedback. If you're just here to salvage a free pointer, you may be met with some resistance to hold your hand and guide you through the process.

Helping others at LPF is an investment. An investment in time, the hobby, my own learning and in friendships. I have only been a member a short while, but I can see some of the trends others have observed and discussed. There are some that join the forum seeking a quick fix and then they vanish. Some of them are unwilling to search the forums, read and make an effort to learn. They want to be spoon fed like a child. Call me selfish, but I feel less motivated to help those likely to vanish and more motivated to help those making an effort to learn, grow and be a member of this community.

You can try and solicit services from members to do things for you, but until you have posted 20+ posts, you cannot start any solicitation threads in the B/S/T forums.

I hope this doesn't seem harsh. You seem like a good guy. I'm just putting it out there for you, and other new members that may read this. It's you're choice.
yes, i understand, but I am completely new, the only thing I know about lasers is the wavelength and power, the reason why I am asking for someone I can pay to repair is, since earlier on in this thread you told me this "Or, you could take pictures of the whole unit, give us links to where you bought it, and see if you can pay one of our many skilled members to repair it for you." So according to that I am looking for someone to repair it, at a cost. otherwise, I have looked a lot through this forum about how to fix it, but I do not have the equipment, and have no clue where to buy it from aswell, since some online sites are trust worthy, some not. I would also need some advice on that, I also contacted someone selling a used m140 diode in the buy and sell section but it was sold. I am trying my best to do it on my own and not be spoon fed, but if I end up getting the wrong set of parts, and then have to rebuy them, it would result in a cost of maybe more than laser itself.

the reason why I am asking for someone I can pay to repair is, since earlier on in this thread you told me this "Or, you could take pictures of the whole unit, give us links to where you bought it, and see if you can pay one of our many skilled members to repair it for you." So according to that I am looking for someone to repair it, at a cost.

I can see you're making an effort, and others will, too. Good job.

I live in the USA and would be willing to help you try to repair it. I am willing to open it up and diagnose for free and tell you if its possible or worth it to fix. I could then come up with a amount to fix it if you desired to go that route or give you a parts list if you wanted to try and fix it yourself.

where would I ship this too, also after checking up on how to build a laser in the housing of this damaged one, I noticed that in the module there is also a lens or something infront of the diode, is it possible that, that is broken and the diode inside is fine. Any advice on how I can open it up because by looking at it it seems impossible to take it apart any further