Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

Buy Site Supporter Role (remove some ads) | LPF Donations

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery | Browser Hide by Avery

New member intro from NC

stylinbeaver

LPF Site Supporter
Hey everybody, my name is Tyler and I am located in the Piedmont area of North Carolina. Recently discovered a pen style pointer digging through some old storage boxes that had to be idle for around 10 years. After replacing the dead triple A batteries, it stirred up my interest in lasers again.

As of right now my small collection consists of a ANZI certified pair of laser goggles that filter wavelengths from 190-540nm, older metal pen style green laser with a star cap, a 303 style 405nm blue laser, and a 20W laser cutting machine.

I really enjoy the pen style green laser for the size and brightness of beam. Originally it came in a unbranded light grey felt case with no other information provided. After some quick research, the closest thing I could compare it to would be the G1 laser pen.

The blue 303 is just a cheap handheld with a focus beam. I have to say, after fulling charging the battery and adjusting the collimating lens, burning electrical tape from around 2 foot away has really been impressive to me 👍🏻.

The 20W laser module is on a xTool D1 pro machine. Not sure if the 20W claim is realistic or just a gimmick. I will say, it cuts pretty quick and clean through thin soft woods. This is mainly used to cut out door hangers and lettering with lightburn software. Mainly used by my wife to make gifts and such. I also built a acrylic enclosure for her to help ventilate the smoke produced.

Sorry for the long intro, but I am just excited to be here and hopefully accepted into the laser community 💪🏻. I'll be stalking the threads and hopefully learning as I go. Of course I've gotta add a few photos of my unimpressive collection and my Gen 1 bushnell 🤣. See ya around!

Attachments

• Snapchat-114965778.jpg
    Snapchat-114965778.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 12
  • 20240816_233808.jpg
    20240816_233808.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 12
  • 20240816_233948.jpg
    20240816_233948.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 12

Back