Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

New Laser Video

Sta

Wow, Planters! That is incredible! How does that laser pump anything without destroying it?

Raman lasers love high peak powers. One of the best materials is actually CVD diamond. It is now quite inexpensive and the only challenge is AR coatings. You can Brewster angle for one wavelength, but not for both. The dyes are easy, just flow them at a high rate. It is the windows that pose any real limit here. Quantum dots are an unknown. They "supposedly" resist photo-bleaching very well.

In any case, what a nice situation. You can't be too thin or too rich.

I'd +rep you if I could...

Is this a commercial laser or did you build it? Either way, I want to see the cavity ;)

CurtisOliver

LPF Site Supporter
Very impressive planters. 140W of 532nm :drool: That is more powerful than those laserscopes. +rep from me.

Is this a commercial laser or did you build it? Either way, I want to see the cavity

I want to see the cavity as well.

Last edited:
Another fantastic video!

Have you ever "pointed" it with a mirror at the sky during daylight? I'd love no know if it has a visible beam during the day and what power is needed to achieve that.