Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

Laser Pointer Store

New laser not working properly

Bulldog63h

I bought a premium +10mw green laser from optotronics and it arrive yesterday. The trouble I'm having is the laser doesn't always work at full power. The batteries are new, but they rattle a lot inside the body. When the power is low, I can unscrew the body some, tighten it back up and the laser works again. Any input as to why it's doing that and how to fix it would be greatly appreciated.

SteveT

Hi,

Be sure to check out the welcome section and take a look at some of the helpful stickies.

Can you confirm that yours is a pen style host and is powered by 2 x AAA batteries? Remove the batteries and check the contact spring to ensure it is not excessively bent to one side. If the spring looks OK take some tinfoil, carefully double-over and cut a circular insert to place inside the tailcap recess; this should hopefully improve contact.

Let us know how you get on!

Bulldog63h

Hi,

Be sure to check out the welcome section and take a look at some of the helpful stickies.

Can you confirm that yours is a pen style host and is powered by 2 x AAA batteries? Remove the batteries and check the contact spring to ensure it is not excessively bent to one side. If the spring looks OK take some tinfoil, carefully double-over and cut a circular insert to place inside the tailcap recess; this should hopefully improve contact.

Let us know how you get on!
Okay, it is a pen style and the spring seems to be perfectly straight. I'll get som foil next time I'm out and give that a try.