Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

New guy!

Nero

Heya everyone,

I've been thinking about lasers for a long time now and decided to make an account! I'm a 22 year old from The Netherlands, I've had lasers before but just the bad 'white-van' kind of stuff. I don't have a lot of knowledge on the subject but I'm reading where I can :).

I'm going to use it just for fun, maybe burning some stuff if I get a strong enough one. I can't really decide on red or green haha. It's going to be for recreational use, just pointing at stars or buildings and what not.

Cheers!

Hello fellow dutchman! Welcome on the forums. For starters, you should get a green laser around 50-150 mW, because green is more visible than red and other colors. Ebay should work, but you can also get a better quality one from laserbtb. They're a very respected company here. After you like that, you can get yourself a higher powered one. But, that's just a recommendation.

Have fun, and don't forget the goggles!

Last edited:

Nero

Hello fellow dutchman! Welcome on the forums. For starters, you should get a green laser around 50-150 mW, because green is more visible than red and other colors. Ebay should work, but you can also get a better quality one from laserbtb. They're a very respected company here. After you like that, you can get yourself a higher powered one. But, that's just a recommendation.

Have fun, and don't forget the goggles!

Hey Doubleone44, thanks!
I was looking at the red 90 mW laser from DragonLasers. I don't know many other ones, and when I look at other sites they sometimes only state "nM" measurements, what is the difference?

Cheers!

Heya everyone,

I've been thinking about lasers for a long time now and decided to make an account! I'm a 22 year old from The Netherlands, I've had lasers before but just the bad 'white-van' kind of stuff. I don't have a lot of knowledge on the subject but I'm reading where I can :).

I'm going to use it just for fun, maybe burning some stuff if I get a strong enough one. I can't really decide on red or green haha. It's going to be for recreational use, just pointing at stars or buildings and what not.

Cheers!

Welcome to the forums.

I can help you out if you are wanting to buy a nice laser. I'd be happy to sell you one. I sell the lower powered lasers as well as the high powered burning lasers.

-My Website: www.TheWorldsCoolestLasers.com
-My facebook: www.facebook.com/WorldsCoolestLasers
-Youtube channel: www.youtube.com/selfdefensess

-I have Plenty of Videos of the Lasers in action so you can see what they are capable of. Videos are on my website, fb page, and youtube channel.

-Customer Reviews are on my website also under the testimonials section.

All of my lasers come with a sparkle tip and/or expanded lens kit for special effects depending on which laser you choose.

Every laser I sell I throw in a free shocking laser too which is a ton of fun

Shipping is FAST! After you order, the laser gets shipped the very next day. And you will receive it in 2-3 days if you are in the US.

If you are outside the US you will receive your laser in 7-10 days.

If you have any questions just let me know :)

Last edited:
Hey Doubleone44, thanks!
I was looking at the red 90 mW laser from DragonLasers. I don't know many other ones, and when I look at other sites they sometimes only state "nM" measurements, what is the difference?

Cheers!

nM or nm is short for nanometer. It's the wavelength of the laser light. You can find more about wavelengths on wikipedia. Wavelength around 555nm are the brightest, further away is less bright. Green is 532nm, so very close and bright, while red is 638/650, so a lot further away and less bright. If you want a bright red, get a 638 one, because it is about twice as bright with the same power. They tend to be more expensive though. You can find lots of stuff like this, and how to build your own lasers using the search function.

Last edited:

Encap

Welcome and enjoy the forum.

Have a look at laserbtb for good quality lasers at reasonable prices. They make their own lasers and are not just resellers.
Red laserbtb
All types, colors, and output links and general information here: laserbtb

Have a look at O-like--low to medium cost but good products generally output is as stated not underspec.,, good service, and delivery. Welcome to O-like,the source of good quality laser products at unbeatable price and perfect service !

Also have a look at SciFi Lasers ---the owner is a member and sponsor of LPF and he builds all his own lasers which are very good and also at reasonable prices. Lasers

There are many other buliders who are members--see the Buy, Sell, Trade section of LPF: Buy, Sell, & Trade - Laser Pointer Forums - Discuss Laser Pointers

Last edited:

Nero

Heya everyone,

thanks for the replies! @WorldsCoolestLasers I don't know what I want haha. I've been searching and the color doesn't really matter to me, I want a laser that I can keep on pretty long, and not one that I can keep on for 45seconds.

Also, I think I'd like it to be able to burn stuff, but I would be using it for recreational use only, so a little fun with it pointing at stuff :). Also, is it dangerous to look at the laser dot as well? Let's say I point it at a wall and I look at it, is it damaging to the eyes?

@Encap Thanks I haven't seen that site before :) I knew about Wicked Lasers from reading here, guess where I'm not ordering :p.

Which company would have the best price-quality ratio?

Cheers!

Heya everyone,

thanks for the replies! @WorldsCoolestLasers I don't know what I want haha. I've been searching and the color doesn't really matter to me, I want a laser that I can keep on pretty long, and not one that I can keep on for 45seconds.

Also, I think I'd like it to be able to burn stuff, but I would be using it for recreational use only, so a little fun with it pointing at stuff :). Also, is it dangerous to look at the laser dot as well? Let's say I point it at a wall and I look at it, is it damaging to the eyes?

@Encap Thanks I haven't seen that site before :) I knew about Wicked Lasers from reading here, guess where I'm not ordering :p.

Cheers!

Just depends. Laser safety glasses/goggles are a must have when owning the higher powered lasers especially when shinning it on things up close and burning things up close. I sell those as well. You are guaranteed to like either of the blue burning lasers I sell without a doubt.

$150 blue laser package includes:
Laser (focusable)
Attachable Sparkle Lens
Rechargeable Lithium Ion Batteries x2
Battery charger
Set of keys that lock and unlock laser
Wrist strap
Nice gift box

$199.95 Laser Package includes
Laser (focusable)
Expanded lens kit (5 lenses)
Laser safety glasses
Rechargeable lithium ion batteries x2
Battery charger
Nice metal carrying case

Both lasers shoot for several miles in distance
Burns all kinds of stuff
And either one you choose comes with a free shocking laser

Check out some of my videos of me burning stuff with them and shinning them into the sky to see how awesome they are sometime :)

Encap

Cheers!

Beware of sellers and web sites that rely on marketing hyperbole/hype that is meanngless--- is an instant tip off that you should avoid them. No detailed specifications or techinical descriptions --just details of money they want from you is another tip off.

There are hundreds of web based resellers selling WL Arctic look-a-likes @ between $85-$100 including 5 lenses, glasses, batteries, chargers and case. Here one among many on ebay alone High Power 445nm Focus Visible Blue Beam Laser Pointer Pen Boxset with 5 Caps | eBay

If you are going to get a high powered laser meaning over 5mW avoid low cost low quality not very effective/protective laser glasses/gogggles like these @ $2.85 a pair and free shipping Portable Protection Goggles Laser Safety Glasses Green Blue with Velvet Box SC | eBay that some vendors sell for a lot more --- don't trust them. Get a good pair of laser goggles that will actually protect you eyes adequately - example: Eagle Pair® 190-540nm Standard Laser Safety Goggles

See the most trusted laser companies and most trusted laser builders section of "Complete Guide to owning lasers" http://laserpointerforums.com/f44/complete-guide-owning-lasers-please-read-82066.html

laserbtb laserbtb is good value for money spent and good quality products.

SciFi is good value @ $85 for a 1W-1.3W 445nm blue. http://www.sflasers.us/SF501B_445nm_Blue/p2035127_9480307.aspx
LPF member builder Blord makes 1W good quality 445nm blues for $80 see: http://laserpointerforums.com/f39/sale-501b-lasers-copper-heatsink-80-a-78452.html

Seriously look at the Buy, Sell, Trade forum section read the "stickys" and see what is what Buy, Sell, & Trade - Laser Pointer Forums - Discuss Laser Pointers also see the Deals and Discounts section Deals & Discounts - Laser Pointer Forums - Discuss Laser Pointers

http://laserpointerforums.com/f44/complete-guide-owning-lasers-please-read-82066.html

Last edited:
As a seller I think outside the box instead of like others ;) And what I mean by that is I have noticed by not advertising all the specifics on my website you will get a lot more customers that will be curious to know more about them and will email me or message me anxious to know "MORE" ESPECIALLY after watching my laser videos of them burning all kinds of stuff and looking so incredibly powerful. It's actually a marketing strategy in my opinion...I'm not like everyone else :D

So by doing so I get to have more 1 on 1 conversations with customers/possible customers or just with curious visitors which I believe is very valuable because the conversations that comes from it is just great. It also gives you and your customer a way to get acquainted with each other also. That's when I get asked how powerful is it? How many mw/w is it? And so on...Which begins a great conversation with me answering all of their curious questions. And I can get a feel of if they are new to lasers, know a lot about lasers, and so on so I can talk 1 on 1 about what they are exactly wanting to do with it which I can help them choose as well as talk to them about safety and about how powerful and dangerous they can be incase they were new to lasers. Safety is important and having 1 on 1 conversations is great to help with this in my opinion.

There are many great sellers out there and there are many bad sellers out there. I for one am one of the sellers that is honest, cares about my customers, treats my customers as they are a personal friend, have great customer service (I literally reply within 5 min or so on any email or message from my website or facebook page if I am not asleep lol), I ship extremely fast (the very next day after you order) which you will receive the laser anywhere in the US in about 3 days tops, and anywhere outside the US in about 7-10 days, and I throw in FREE stuff to make it even more fun! On top of the extra perks that come with the lasers such as the sparkle lens or expanded lens kit.

So trust me when I say no one will ever get scammed by me if you or anyone else ever orders from me. You will be a very happy customer because I try my very best and always will for my customers.

And if there is a certain thing you would like me to do in a video with my lasers to make you even more happy or to see more of what they can do just name it and I'll do my best to do a custom video for anyone :)

Just wanted to let you and anyone else know...I'm a good and honest person :)