Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

New guy with a new green laser : )

Hey from Chi-Town everyone. Im new to this forum and to the hobby of lasers. I just got a Nova Alpha HP 150.... WOW this thing is awesome, its like a knife in the night sky. I had no idea how big of a jump this would be from my WL Core LOL. The print out with the laser said it peaks at 206.4mW : ) I couldnt be happier with this laser and the Nova company 100% awesome.

Hmm what to buy next another laser...diff color maybe, optics, or maybe something cool I dont even know about. Any ideas would be cool guys thanks

Hello,

Though green is my favorite & looks awesome against the night sky, I would start with a high power red, 445nm blue, or 405nm blue ray laser. I would love to get a 593nm yellow but the price seems to high for the generally low mW power for me to drop so much $$ on one.

Welcome to the forum. :)

Welcome to LPF. The Alpha HP is nice. I just got one myself & love it.

Hmm what to buy next another laser...diff color maybe, optics, or maybe something cool I dont even know about. Any ideas would be cool guys thanks

Get yourself a good pair of safety glasses that cover the 532nm wavelength and provide good protection for the power you have. Just start up a search and you should find plenty of posts concerning safety etc.

matrix961

Thanks everyone, and Im thinking blue for my next laser. But not sure where i should start... Company, nm, mW, Bluray ? Looking for good visibility at night... let the search begin : )

Or you could try yo build your own :) I bought a 5 mW Greenie, then a 100mW from Rayfoss and then built my own 100mW Red :) Oh welcome to LPF