Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

New guy saying hello!

Hello all,

I just wanted to say hi and introduce myself to everyone here. I just bought my first place in New York and am a huge car guy who has been building and maintaining race cars part/full time since I was 18 and I am also an avid aquarist. It is my aquarium hobby that has brought me here and I am excited to use this forum to help with my reef tank but also to grow into this awesome hobby in its own right!

Here is a link to my first thread here:
http://laserpointerforums.com/f44/hello-everyone-has-anyone-used-lasers-aquarium-84985.html

I am having trouble with a particularly challenging pest in my aquarium and I am looking to all of your expertise to solve it with precisely directed fire. Also i was directed in the above thread to create a welcome page, so here I am!

I am looking forward to learning a lot and having some fun. I tend to really commit to my new hobbies, so watch out, I hope to eventually have some awesome builds to show off to you guys!

Thanks!

Reactions: ARG

Well hi and a welcome from down under, yes there's plenty to read up on and learn here,and lots of sales and trades also happen ,read the stickies with the rules and the basics of lasers etc that's a great start,stay safe eyes always wear googles when there's any chance of reflection into eyes ,which is most of the time except outdoors at nite and your pointing it away from yourself

welcome- I still think it would be good if you put NY as your location in your profile- almost none will read your welcome post with that bit of info and maybe none will remember reading it in the OP/ While TMI may be a BAD idea at other forms LPF is not like those- the more we know about our members the better we can help and grow.

wanna +3 rep? then fill in your profile-- I have one here to give you..

One way we ferret out posers and potential scammers is by checking the info- if they lie about location,occupation, eduction . age etc we find that out and they will become a lurker at LPF by no choice of their own.

Last edited:
Thanks hak, i filled it out, definitely not trying to scam anybody. I know every forum has its own personality and culture - I am obviously still trying to get a handle on this one. Thanks for guiding me along!