Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

New FOCUSABLE 200mW Red on DX

Switch

Well it turns out that for a 50 dollar laser it's pretty good.Still waiting on someone with a meter :p

Got my DX 200mW Focusable Red & tested it on the Kenometer! :D

It does indeed put out 200+mW! I'm at work, so no video review yet, but I shot a quick vid of the laser being metered so you could see it yourselves. (Good thing I'm meeting Justin this afternoon because I wouldn't have had my Kenometer here otherwise! Had batteries ready and waiting too!)

Here's the YouTube link: Test vid

More info tonight after the Laserglow meter comparison.

Cheers, CC

Thats so awesome! Finally a laser that really outputs as much as they say, i just have to buy this :eek:.
I wonder what the life is of it, it seems to be a normal closed can, how long do those live at the power level required for 200mw?

Oh, and don't forget to show some videos of that thing burning, i wonder how far it can light a match :cool:

Hey, would you mind if i posted about this in the dx forum? Id give you the credit for testing it (and link to lpf).

...lazer.... ;D ;D ;D

Switch

You know, it turns out that it's just an overdriven 16x diode and die quickly, you can still use the pot to turn it down to 150mW and longer lifespan :p

Eighter way I think it kicks the sh!t out of the WL Pulsar all day everyday ::)

Curiously_Coherent said:
Got my DX 200mW Focusable Red & tested it on the Kenometer! :D

It does indeed put out 200+mW! I'm at work, so no video review yet, but I shot a quick vid of the laser being metered so you could see it yourselves. (Good thing I'm meeting Justin this afternoon because I wouldn't have had my Kenometer here otherwise! Had batteries ready and waiting too!)

Here's the YouTube link: Test vid

More info tonight after the Laserglow meter comparison.

Cheers, CC

;D ;D ;D

Great news (lol). This laser is just amazing, a panacea I would say. The focus also acts as a safety mechanism - when you're not using it, screw it in all the way and it expands harmlessly like a torch (as long as you don't look into it, hehe).

I just recharged the batteries, added solder to the 3 clicky switch terminals and now it is burning my skin. It feels like being poked with a really sharp needle that suddenly turns white hot. Weirdest feeling ever.

It is OEM, and came in nothing but this pink bubble wrap. Some people have been getting free CR2 batteries with theirs.

As for duty cycles, I have no idea to be honest. I've used it for about 1 minute at a time, then a few minutes off. The whole module gets slightly warm but as far as it goes, the heat is easily dissipated (aluminium construction). There's nothing more to be said about this laser, other than - IT WORKS!!!

iewed

Dang, 219mW peak, about 200 average, for $90 you could easily get one heck of a laser and some decent safety goggles.

So does anyone know how to take the uh... knob... off the Dilda Lazor? I want to fit a different lens in. I know you can unscrew it just like that but that is quite useless when no lens modules are big enough to screw in.

Edit: LOLOLOLOL, Aixiz lens module fits in! One slight problem - to get a burning dot, it has to be screwed quite far outwards. Which defeats the point of having it like that tbh, I want something nice and flush with the surface (that doesn't look like my other uh... laser).

I received two of these lasers today. They measure in at 150mW and 160mW. Not 200mW. My batteries are at 2.95 and 2.97 Volts. Maybe I'll try buying new batts and see if that boosts the power a bit.

Benm

The power measurements look okay so far though, some at 200 mW, but even 150/160 doesnt stike me as all that bad for this price :)

I'm getting one - seems worthwhile even if the diode needs swapping at some point.

yeah I am happy with mine. The pot on these does nothing. Also has anyone solved the problem with the clicky switch? On both of my lasers the laser will stay on when twisted all together. I have to leave the laser partially untwisted in order for it to turn off.

That means there is too much pressure on the switch. You're going to have to open it, and bend the negative contact down a little (I would add a little solder while you're at it, to that and the two connection points where the circuit meets the switch's chassis).

yobresal said:
I received two of these lasers today. They measure in at 150mW and 160mW. Not 200mW. My batteries are at 2.95 and 2.97 Volts. Maybe I'll try buying new batts and see if that boosts the power a bit.

Hi yobresal,

I just measured my rechargeable CR2s and they are at 3.35v fresh off the charger, so maybe that's got something to do with it. I'm using the Ultrafire rCR2s (800mA / 3.0v) from DX and the Ultrafire 3/3.6v charger.

Just tested the Dilda-lazor with fresh batts and again it reads 202-205mW, so it might just be your batteries. I hope so. Are you using a Kenometer or DIY thermal head meter to test it?

Maybe the fact that your laser can't be completely closed is affecting the contact from the - pole and interfering with the current?

I hope you can work it out and get full power. It's quite impressive at 200.

Cheers, CC