Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

New FOCUSABLE 200mW Red on DX

ill write a lil something with its output and burning capabilities
but nothing too detailed

Benm

Looks good - but i wonder how well it will perform in terms of real power output and driver stability. Since the drivers in their greens are as bad as they are, i'm affraid this might not do much better dispite plenty of room for regulation running of 2 cells.

In any case, i look forward to the measurements and reviews, perhaps i;ll order one, it's not that expensive if its actually close to spec.

I took a chance and ordered one as well. :) My Kenometer will get here before it does, so I'll post an output pic once I get it up and running. (assuming me_too_lazy doesn't post his first!) I've got rechargeable CR2s already, so I'm all set. Gotta love DX for deals like this... 1/5th the price of a Pulsar 125 and more than likely more powerful. Bloody marvelous.

Cheers, CC

Switch

Curiously_Coherent said:
I took a chance and ordered one as well.  :)  My Kenometer will get here before it does, so I'll post an output pic once I get it up and running. (assuming me_too_lazy doesn't post his first!) I've got rechargeable CR2s already, so I'm all set.  Gotta love DX for deals like this... 1/5th the price of a Pulsar 125 and more than likely more powerful.  Bloody marvelous.

Cheers, CC
And focusable, and most likely regulated since it uses cr2.Are you sure rcr2 will work? :-/

just bought one, lol i dont care if its 150mw thats dirt ceap thats like the price of building your own

Razako

Even if these only put out 150mw I can see them knocking the overpriced pulsars out of business ;) Still I'll be waiting for someone here with a meter to test one and make sure it isn't a ripoff putting out <100mw before clicking on the buy button.

yea i just saw this.. looks like the price of a home made one basically.. although you could probaly build a 250-300mw one for the same price.. save you alot of time :D

i'm guessing it will be a few days before the people who ordered will get theirs

Switch said:
[quote author=Curiously_Coherent link=1204386353/0#6 date=1204393216]I took a chance and ordered one as well. :) My Kenometer will get here before it does, so I'll post an output pic once I get it up and running. (assuming me_too_lazy doesn't post his first!) I've got rechargeable CR2s already, so I'm all set. Gotta love DX for deals like this... 1/5th the price of a Pulsar 125 and more than likely more powerful. Bloody marvelous.

Cheers, CC
And focusable, and most likely regulated since it uses cr2.Are you sure rcr2 will work? :-/[/quote]

I guess I'll find out Switch! I use the 800mAh Ultrafire CR2s ( http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.932 ) and they come out of the charger at a max of 3.2v. They work perfectly in my KD "Copper" 50mW, so I'm hoping they'll be fine for this red as well. If I fry it, this will be the first place I type "noooooooooooooooooooo!" ;D

Cheers, CC

r34p3rex said:
i'm guessing it will be a few days before the people who ordered will get theirs

Try a few weeks or a month =P

im thinking about buying one myself looks like a good deal to me but the power meter will be the judge of that =P

any insights as to what exact wavelength this is
ps: even tho i ordered one, i still hate how it looks lol

i ordered one as well. Should be interesting to see what kind of power this laser actually has. The visible in daylight remark has got to be meant for the dot. There is no way 200mW of red can be seen as a beam.

yobresal said:
i ordered one as well. Should be interesting to see what kind of power this laser actually has. The visible in daylight remark has got to be meant for the dot. There is no way 200mW of red can be seen as a beam.

that's what i was thinking too
but it specifically says BEAM visible in daylight..