Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

new dx 5mw laser vids

Jaseth

To imbed a youtube video put the code ONLY (in this case mJ7cDiiHFO0) between [yt*]and[/yt*] where you have removed the *.

It will show up like this

It is hard to tell visually only, but that laser does appear to be overspec. It is quite common with the 5mW DX ones.

Seb

kzr22

i love it :D and am now addicted to lasers probably getting a dilda too only 2 days after my first laser lol

Jaseth

That's how it tends to go ;)
Don't forget goggles! A dilda is extremely powerful and even a weak reflection can destroy your eyesight for good.

Seb

kzr22

where can i get goggles for the cheapest?

everywhere ive looked they cost more thant the laser!!

Jaseth

I usually don't recommened Dragonlasers as Laserglow and Optotronics are the best in the high-cost laser category, but for goggles DL are good and fairly cheap.
Laser Safety :: Dragon Lasers
With shipping and so on it may add up a bit still.. but if you want to become a laser hobbiest, you are going to spend A LOT of money.
Don't think about the price compared to your laser, think about the price compared to not having the goggles.. you may have to live with a serious handicap for the rest of your life because of a second of carelessness with your laser. Even if they are able to treat your eye and make it better, it will probable cost at LEAST 1000 times what a pair of goggles cost.

Seb